FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By albertz33
Hello Folks,

I was lucky enought to get tickets to the Turkish GP, While it was a great experience, it was somewhat marred by the dreadfull transport layed on, the busses were plentiful yet we all had to que for ages just to be packed like sardines onto these deathtraps, the cost varied from day to day, and the journey back took 4.5 hours, the country road leading to the track from the motorway was clearly incapable of dealing with that level of traffic, are all GP's that bad? I was also surprised at how far away the track was from Istanbul, its not even in the same provence! Are the drivers on some kind of deal to get as many on as possible? Leaving site on Sunday was farcical, there was no obvious system in place, people didnt know where to go or que, Turkish efficiency, now theres an Oxymoron ( or whatever its called ).

Still the Turkish dancing girls layed on by Coke Zero and Vodaphone were cracking!! :hehe:
By McLaren
Yes pretty much so ,as for turkish bus drivers i hope they have less of a death wish than a turkish taxi driver,think that is the most scared i've ever been in a car in my life.Thats coming from someone thats had a head on crash,flown through the air at 60 mph and landed on the roof on another occasion :hehe:
Yes pretty much so ,as for turkish bus drivers i hope they have less of a death wish than a turkish taxi driver,think that is the most scared i've ever been in a car in my life.Thats coming from someone thats had a head on crash,flown through the air at 60 mph and landed on the roof on another occasion :hehe:

You should upgrade your life insurance :wink:

See our F1 related articles too!