FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By vlad
Well, if you can create a topic about your favorite driver, so can I.
And, let's be honest, no one deserves it more than the youngest WDC! :clap::clap::clap:
By FRAFPDD
Double world champion anyone?

I personally think that Vettel being a doubl world champion, the same as Alonso, and more then Mansell for example, will be a complete travesty. But yes hes mots likely to do it this year.
By nish2280

I personally think that Vettel being a doubl world champion, the same as Alonso, and more then Mansell for example, will be a complete travesty. But yes hes mots likely to do it this year.

I hope to see him prove you wrong :D (if you are suggesting that he is not all that his fans claim him to be).
By Besson

I personally think that Vettel being a doubl world champion, the same as Alonso, and more then Mansell for example, will be a complete travesty.

you're a complete travesty
By FRAFPDD

I hope to see him prove you wrong :D (if you are suggesting that he is not all that his fans claim him to be).

I hope to see that too, cause essentially prooving me wrong is making me change my opinion on his talent from aboe average to top driver right?

So id rather i was " proved wrong" although what you mean by proved wrong means winning this years title, in regards to that, no id rather remain wrong :yes:
By FRAFPDD

I personally think that Vettel being a doubl world champion, the same as Alonso, and more then Mansell for example, will be a complete travesty.

As opposed to a partial travesty?
By nish2280

I hope to see that too, cause essentially prooving me wrong is making me change my opinion on his talent from aboe average to top driver right?

So id rather i was " proved wrong" although what you mean by proved wrong means winning this years title, in regards to that, no id rather remain wrong :yes:

I mean i hope he changes your opinion about him being just an above average driver. :)
By Besson

:yes:
By JamesToohey

...He was quoting what you said.
By FRAFPDD

I mean i hope he changes your opinion about him being just an above average driver. :)

id rather he did too, but i dont see how hes going to until(unless) he goes to ferrari or mclaren or mercedes where he will inevitably have to fight for wins, and a very good teammate too, Its not possible for me to think anything of Vettel cause he just hasnt had a chance to prove it, his teammate is average and his car is very good, he cant help that, but that doesnt mean i should class him as the best, id have nothing to back up that statement really....
By nish2280

id rather he did too, but i dont see how hes going to until(unless) he goes to ferrari or mclaren or mercedes where he will inevitably have to fight for wins, and a very good teammate too, Its not possible for me to think anything of Vettel cause he just hasnt had a chance to prove it, his teammate is average and his car is very good, he cant help that, but that doesnt mean i should class him as the best, id have nothing to back up that statement really....

What if, later this season, Mclaren and/or Ferrari improve their car to a point where they seem to be the same and Vettel gets into situations where he has to battle against Lewis or Fernando for position and comes out on top. Would that not change your mind?
By Hammer278
This is lame...I started a thread as a dedication to a drivers victory and stellar driving...and geetface started one of Webber for drive of the day.

This one exists just to follow suit for the sake of it? :yawn:
By FRAFPDD

What if, later this season, Mclaren and/or Ferrari improve their car to a point where they seem to be the same and Vettel gets into situations where he has to battle against Lewis or Fernando for position and comes out on top. Would that not change your mind?

If it was clear they were all the same pace, or rather, they could all flat out turn 8 istanbul etc! then yeah if he battled them and beat them then its clear he is soemthing "special" but he hasnt done anything other then statistically to show hes special, poles to flag victories and a raft of mistakes in such a dominant car, there no real base to suggest his super.

Also given the nature of the red bulls advantage of 2010 into 2011, itd be much better for him to move to a team like Ferrari/Mclaren because when they make a good car the other one usualyl matches them , 1998-2001 , 2007-2008, 2010, 1990. That results in four drivers going for a win in eenly matches cars. If anything its unfair on what Alonso/Hamilton have achieved and against whom to lump Vettel right in there. But sure im willing and hoping to be proven wrong.
By FRAFPDD
This is lame...I started a thread as a dedication to a drivers victory and stellar driving...and geetface started one of Webber for drive of the day.

This one exists just to follow suit for the sake of it? :yawn:

To be honest i got the feeling yours was only there to provoke those who dont support Hamilton, you could have just as easily said that within the Chinese GP thread, the actual starting of a thread to keen Lewis was over the top IMO. You could of made a Driver of the Day thread or said that entire post in the Chinese GP but you made yet another thread dedicated entirely to worshipping Lewis.

Dont hate, just the feeling i got from it. There didnt need to be a Webber and Vettel one either though. But what did you expect?

See our F1 related articles too!