FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By R00DIT
Is it me, or does anyone else share the view that since Schumacher has announced his retirement he's become a very mature and philosophical veteran, I would go as far to say he's actually improved as a driver too?
By Irv the Swerve
Yes, the way he shook the mechanics hands in the ferrari garage. End of an era.
By Enlightened
It's very possible. We learn from life events. Now that he's leaving, he's trying to leave a good impression on people.

The realty of his retirement starts to sink in and he realizes that it's over. So he starts focusing more on his emotions and relationship with others rather than titles.
By certom
why you spoil everything?
i don't know if Schumi said to the british TV or that of your countries, but at the italian interviewer he said some moving things, and philosophically too... it's hard to sum up in english...
By Irv the Swerve
why you spoil everything?
i don't know if Schumi said to the british TV or that of your countries, but at the italian interviewer he said some moving things, and philosophically too... it's hard to sum up in english...
What do you mean?? Like he is looking ahead in life??
By certom
he said that he took this blow lightly, it's just life, he's not disappointed, but proud of what he has done, in canada he was 25 points behind FA, no one could imagine that he could have fighted for the title till the "last" race...for him, the driver championship is over, but the team's one is not, so he's looking forward...
well, listening these words said from him in italian, it was quite moving, i know that reading them here don't make the same effect..
By Irv the Swerve
Oh no they do, its like he wants to win the Constructors title for ferrari and he said something like he dosent want to win the drivers title that is if alonso crashes out which seems very respectful.
By certom
yeah he said so....now, i don't know wether hoping for a victory of Ms in Brazil to close in greatness(although the title to Alonso), or hoping for a retirement of MS, so he would have never won the championship...

See our F1 related articles too!