FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By The Immortal Dragon
thats really wierd, are you on sky or virgin or freeview ? best bet i would say is to give them a ring and see what happens. other option ofc is to go get a radio ! and mute the tv :P

Freeview.
Like today, if I went on channel 301, there was only the Driver Tracker with a small rectangle showing the race live on the top-left, with the usual commentary.
Was it just me getting that today?
By Oddball
I think that the commentary by that J,Legard (i think that's his name) The Guy who shares the commentary with Martin Brundle.. Is absolutely terrible !!!!!!!! He puts me off listening to the F1 he just keeps on flapping his lips, just shut up will ya and lets hear the cars for a few seconds or minute,,Or Martin Brundle who is excellent at the job, one of the other good commentators will tell you whats just happened then he goes back over it again just to flap his lips when he cant think of something decent to say, he just repeats it again for goodness sack ,,, here in my household we either switch the sound of or watch it on freesat with no audio and just listen to the cars going round until you see something happen then switch back on for the update.I work in peoples houses most of the time and there must be 90% of the people i speak to cant stand the bloke.. :director: Any body else on here pissed off with his commentary ???????
Last edited by myownalias on 27 Sep 10, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Merged with existing thread about the BBC coverage in "F1 & Motorsport Media"
By Flux
well done lee mckenzie, good job.

for someone who i wonder if she has ever presented a program before ? did amazingly well
By 7UpJordan
I think on the whole this year the BBC's coverage has been pretty poor.

Legard we all know about "Well it's A wing Martin..." "Nico Hulkenkerb!" "ISITGOODENOUGH??? No..." "Jensen Bunton!" etc etc.

Jake I've mentioned in the other thread. Also the massive bias towards the "big four" has been shocking, and very discriminating to the other teams, particularly as Kubica and Renault have been the real heroes this year and with a decent second driver would have trampled over Mercedes. Even when Hulk got pole, there was little talk about it.

Also the silly amount of poems, video montages with dodgy music was pretty bad. Also isn't it about time they changed the intro and used real race footage instead of the CGI rubbish?

On the plus side, EJ is terrific because he's a clown and I loved his team orders rant at C0ckenheim, particularly his "B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but David... I DON'T DISAGREE WITH YER!!!" moment, and when he sweated-one-off literally at Sepang.

Also Lee McKenzie is one of the loveliest creatures to ever walk this Earth. :heart::heart::heart:
By Bubbie
Agree with your point on Lee - I think she is one of the most beautiful creatures I have ever seen (except for when she was hosting, her hair was terrible in that rain) and also that Legard is a huge dummy that needs to be replaced. Racing over the intro music would be great. Brundle, Coulthard, Ted do a great job as well.

EJ is obviously the comic relief and also speaks his mind which is nice - He also give the business side of things. He is right a lot too, which gets overlooked due to his shenanigans. I remember early in the season rain was expected and he was critical of the teams for not going out and getting a banker lap... And he was right on the money. After that race, nobody sat in their garages waiting for the track to rubber in and come to them.

But I disagree some of your points. I have been critical of some of the half-cocked Top Gear attempts, but overall I like the BBC coverage. I think Jake does a good job keeping things moving and segueing between topics. I like a lot of the little pieces they do. I especially liked Murray and Sterling in the theatre film today. I also like the ending montage over credits (although they should have cut some of the Jokey pieces out and put more racing in).
By scotty
Also the silly amount of poems, video montages with dodgy music was pretty bad.

Yeah seriously, that problem seemed to get worse and worse as the season went on... :yawn:

I think they are still doing a good job, all things considered. The bias towards the top teams is somewhat annoying, but unavoidable really - especially as the title fight reaches crunch time. Regardless, we do actually still hear a decent bit from the smaller teams (ie, they've hosted the forum from Lotus and Virgin), which is a lot more than other stations have offered in the past and probably still offer now!

I can just about tolerate Legard, except for when he shouts across Brundle. Gah...
By scotty
Was there even a single interview with Peter Sauber all season? :confused:

Thinking about it, i seem to remember one, yeah. Wasn't the forum held in their motorhome in Japan? (I can't remember exactly, but whenever they had Kobayashi do an interview..?) Toro Rosso on the other hand... i actually think the BBC literally do not care one bit about those guys, i don't remember them ever being interviewed! :hehe:
By Denthúl
Was there even a single interview with Peter Sauber all season? :confused:

Thinking about it, i seem to remember one, yeah. Wasn't the forum held in their motorhome in Japan? (I can't remember exactly, but whenever they had Kobayashi do an interview..?) Toro Rosso on the other hand... i actually think the BBC literally do not care one bit about those guys, i don't remember them ever being interviewed! :hehe:

To be fair, I wouldn't want to go anywhere near a team where Franz Tost was in charge! :P
By 7UpJordan
Nobody likes Toro Rosso anyway. If Stoddy came back and re-branded it Minardi and kicked the "Tos(t)ser" out then they'd get a good fanbase again.
By stonemonkey
Anyone hear when Brundle turned up in the commentary box with Croft, Davidson and Chandhok during the practice?

I like those guys for practice but Brundle showed how good he is when he joined them because the door handle to his box was broken.

Don't much like 'wooof' Legard, he misses so much of what is going on.
By Robert12010
i thought that the bbc did a good job again this season just like the last, with addition of the forum and no adverts during the race too, quite a few comments have been made about legard, hes doing alright, i mean most people used to moan about james allen, (i thought he done well too), so yeah :hehe:
By Denthúl
Think it's only fair to point out that straight away, the Brundle/Coulthard combination is working out. There wasn't that awkward first time feel like we had at the beginning of 2009 with Brundle/Legard; I thought the commentary was good and look forward to hearing the two of them together over the season. :)
By scotty
Was gonna post about this too. Seemed odd having Martin do all the intro and stuff ('Hello and welcome'... etc), you could kinda tell it was his first time doing it but really that doesn't matter at all. Once the action got going they were brilliant, excellent insight and no stating of the bloody obvious...!

See our F1 related articles too!