FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss equipment & technique - show-off your photography here!
This is what I use:

Nikon D80
Nikon AF 50mm 1:1.4 D (Hoya Super Pro1 UV(0) Filter; Hoya Pro1 Digital PL-C Filter)
Nikon AF Fisheye 16mm 1:2.8 D (Nikon L37c Filter)
Nikon AF 35-70mm 1:3.3-4.5 (Hama Sky 1A Filter)
Nikkor BR2 Adapter
Nikon SB-24 Speedlight Flash

Some of my 'great' pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48632504@N03/
Finally put a camera together, I'd been piecing the components and got around to picking up a body a week ago. I've been doing quite a few test shots, experimenting with some older non AF lenses I've got to see how usable they are, and trying to descide which new AF-CPU lenses to get. All of this for my Montreal trip!

Nice, I'm gonna be looking for a dslr over the next few months for my belgium trip. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Start out with a budget as that will be the biggest determining factor. For my, I've got a lot of lenses from pre DSLR Nikon days that I wanted to keep the option of using so my choice was limited to certain cameras.

Decide if you're a zoom lens kind of guy or if you're ok carrying around 3 or so prime lenses... you can get some pretty useful advise from this site as the guy is really no nonsense.
Thanks, probably something like the D3100 or D5000. How do the Canons compare at around the price of those? Not really wanting too much stuff to carry around with me but could probably do with a decent zoom lens.
Thanks, probably something like the D3100 or D5000. How do the Canons compare at around the price of those? Not really wanting too much stuff to carry around with me but could probably do with a decent zoom lens.

The 3100 is the other camera I looked at but it would not be able to use my older lenses so it's a good choice. Probably someone here can give you some feedback on the Canons. I've always been a Nikon guy though, going back to the time when my Nikon had a titanium shutter able to do a back then really fast 1/4000th of a second and the equivalent Canon still utilized a cloth shutter.

You can probably get the 3100 and a 18~55 lens and a 55~200 lens for 700 bucks, and have a systems usable for a lot of situations.
These are my electronic stuff.I have alot :D

(These are not my pictures but there exactly like my stuff)

This laptop (without the webcam)

My Blackberry Curve 8520

My iPod Touch 4G

My 37 inch sharp aquos lcd hd tv

And my old camcorder

Hey congratz... is that the lens it came with the 18~55 kit lens?

Yes, doesn't zoom as much as my Fuji S5500, but I can live with it for now, I got a free bag that holds two camera bodies and five lenses, so need to get saving for more attachments to fill the bag! I'm hoping to go to Austin for the GP, depends on how the finances go, would really love to get some shots of the F1, but money dictates unfortunately :(
To add to my Canon 18mm - 55mm IS II Lens that came with my camera body; which works well but is very limited in terms of focal length; I have also purchased a Canon 55mm - 250mm IS II Lens to compliment the kit lens, and best of all I picked it up brand new for $172 ($128 less than retail) with free shipping and no tax; I can't see me needing much more than 250mm focal length!

I'm hoping to get out and take some shots with it over the weekend, weather and kids permitting!

See our F1 related articles too!