0%
Better on TV
28%
A great weekend out
11%
Get down to that track right now!
61%
By raithrover
Canada for me - just waiting on the tickets appearing.
By Ron Dennis
I used Kangaroo last year at Silveretone. It was great. You could follow any driver and swop to the stats screen any time for lap times. Get down to that track right now boy, theres nothing like a live race. And camp nearby to get the real atmosphere :D

whilst i can see its uses - there is no way I would watch a screen when at a race - i prefer to see the real deal

the were giving those things away free at the USGP in 2006 and I still didnt take one

all you need is a stop watch and a good eye for detail
By bud
GP Canada is very spectator friendly, big screens to follow the race when you're not watching any on-track action in front of you.

Same at Melbourne big screens all over the place!
By 8-ball
Ok guys and gals.
I'm assuming that some of you fanatics have been to a GP before.
I'm 17 and have been in to the sport since around 03, although i watched it loosely a while before then. However, I've never gone to a GP, and I hoping that as my 18th bday present I can wrangle a couple of tickets to Silverstone 08.

That's the blurb. Now, while I know I'm still going to try and go anyway just because I have to on principal, IS IT WORTH IT?

The coverage on ITV is fantastic. Is it really worth going to the circuit and paying hundreds of pounds just to see the blur of the cars going past you? I'm sure the atmosphere is great, but it must be hard to build up excitement if you can only see one straight or turn? Are there TVs around to help you see what's going on at other parts of the circuit?

Just venting a few worries about live F1. I think I'll love it anyway but does it really work as a spectator sport in the same way as, say, football?

Thanks in advance

I want to know this as well. The problem that I would have is that I really rely on the TV commentary to know what is going on in a race and what positions that they are in, amount of pit stops made etc. I don't think you'll get that at the live event. Maybe I'll have to bring my portable TV with me to silverstone!
By Woodchip
If you stand just after Stowe next to the HUGE commercial building (proper name has escaped me) then you have a big screen opposite. You can see the cars comig down Hangar straight, round Stowe, through Vale and going up towards Abbey (you miss a bit of Club because the building is in the way).

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/pdf/race_m ... p_e66a.pdf
(It's the "Raised Viewing" area at the top of the page)
By racechick
I used Kangaroo last year at Silveretone. It was great. You could follow any driver and swop to the stats screen any time for lap times. Get down to that track right now boy, theres nothing like a live race. And camp nearby to get the real atmosphere :D

whilst i can see its uses - there is no way I would watch a screen when at a race - i prefer to see the real deal

the were giving those things away free at the USGP in 2006 and I still didnt take one

all you need is a stop watch and a good eye for detail

You check the screen intermtantly when the cars arent in front of you on track :roll: Its quicker and easier than a stop watch. You get split lap times as well. Its really good for quali when the positions are constantly shifting. You only need to glance down to get the current order :D
By woodbine2
i've never been to a gp myself but i heard its meant to be great
By bud
Who like KISS? they are performing at the Aus GP in 08
By Ferrari-GTO
Yeah, for us who are on this side of the 'lake', Canada will be the choice. The GP is on June, so the tickets will be available between Jan and Feb?

Would be nice to have a GP on your own country, but it's not so popular as in Europe. :( A first-class track in Las Vegas would be nice...

See our F1 related articles too!