FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Senna's death has by far been the worst.

There's been a few other bad moments here and there (Schuey retiring), but the second one would be Indy 2005. I was actually at the GP, sitting close to the pit area and watched :yikes: as they all filed into the pits. There was a Bridgestone employee sitting next to me and he had this smug smile on his face. I wanted to slug him.

You should have.

I was hoping one of the many beer bottles being thrown by disgruntled fans would hit him square in the noggin :twisted:
I almost turned the tv off during the Korea race when Webber spun out and hit the wall. I was devastated for a few minutes. I wanted him to win the championship so :censored: bad.

Oh, and every time vettel gets a pole position or finishes in the points. Boils my blood. :censored: hate that kid
I almost turned the tv off during the Korea race when Webber spun out and hit the wall. I was devastated for a few minutes. I wanted him to win the championship so :censored: bad.

Oh, and every time vettel gets a pole position or finishes in the points. Boils my blood. :censored: hate that kid

Lol! You're gonna be in for a tough time then this season :hehe:

You must have really hated last season then eh?

Lol! You're gonna be in for a tough time then this season :hehe:

:yes::hehe:

It was "hair-pulling-worthy" (copyrighting that phrase right now) enough watching Vettel do it without hating him, if id hated him? There is no way my Tv would have survived the year. Infact, round of applause for geetface for coming through such a hard year :clap:
Yeah I'm no fan of Vettel...but the way he stole the whole year away from whats-his-face made me a fan for....a good few weeks into the offseason. :D
I don't see how anyone can 'hate' Vettel as such. True sometimes he comes across as a bit arrogant (something he NEVER did until about 18 months ago in my opinion), but then his performances justify the arrogance. The only question mark about his ability that still remains if whether he can grind out a win after a bad qualification and actually overtake cars that are close to the pace of the Red Bull cleanly. Thing is, the reason he's not had too much practice at this is that he's almost always on the front row. He's incredibly fast and talented, I'd just like to see him in a car that was on the pace of - say - the McLaren from last season to see if he can pul out unexpected results. Either way, this season he's guaranteed to be a frontrunner for the whole season.
I don't see how anyone can 'hate' Vettel as such. True sometimes he comes across as a bit arrogant (something he NEVER did until about 18 months ago in my opinion), but then his performances justify the arrogance. The only question mark about his ability that still remains if whether he can grind out a win after a bad qualification and actually overtake cars that are close to the pace of the Red Bull cleanly. Thing is, the reason he's not had too much practice at this is that he's almost always on the front row. He's incredibly fast and talented, I'd just like to see him in a car that was on the pace of - say - the McLaren from last season to see if he can pul out unexpected results. Either way, this season he's guaranteed to be a frontrunner for the whole season.

Watching F1 for "plus 20+ years" and you havent realised? :hehe::D People hate winners. Theres no real reason to dislike Vettel let alone hate, hes got a cracking personality, especially for a German :hehe: and hes obviously quick, i think the hate comes from the fact that he was given such a good oppurtunity to win a title last year but some of basic racing textbook stuff he has trouble with. Hes not an agressive driver but tries to be, Silverstone for example and it doesnt pay off, his overtakes are the single problem i have with Vettel, he clearly has such trouble doing it, in an F1 car vs F1 car anyway.

It was "hair-pulling-worthy" (copyrighting that phrase right now) enough watching Vettel do it without hating him, if id hated him? There is no way my Tv would have survived the year. Infact, round of applause for geetface for coming through such a hard year :clap:

Thanks lol :hehe: but yeah that's what kept me coming back. I was totally absorbed with the webber vs vettel stuff I couldn't get enough. People can keep their shakespeare; the F1 2010 season was real drama. I can't :censored: wait for 2011. Will Mercedes GP and Renault be title contenders? How's Heidfeld gonna do? Is Rosberg going to outpace Schumacher again? Will Webber win the championship this year? Will vettel :censored: up at least once a race? YOU CAN'T MAKE THESE THINGS UP!!

Watching F1 for "plus 20+ years" and you havent realised? :hehe::D People hate winners. Theres no real reason to dislike Vettel let alone hate, hes got a cracking personality, especially for a German :hehe: and hes obviously quick, i think the hate comes from the fact that he was given such a good oppurtunity to win a title last year but some of basic racing textbook stuff he has trouble with. Hes not an agressive driver but tries to be, Silverstone for example and it doesnt pay off, his overtakes are the single problem i have with Vettel, he clearly has such trouble doing it, in an F1 car vs F1 car anyway.

If you don't understand how I can hate vettel so much that's ok. He seems nice enough and I don't even think he's arrogant or have anything against his personality, but I just can't stand the look of his :censored: face or his dumb :censored: smile. It's mainly the 2010 Turkish GP incident that annoyed me so bad. I really had no opinion of him before that race but after that, I just couldn't stand anything about him. And I hated him long before he won the championship so I don't hate him just because he's a winner, but yeah it definitely upset me when he won the championship and I don't think it made me dislike him more than I already do, I just felt real bad for Webber. But 2011 is a new year and I'm gonna enjoy every second of the rivalries, as much as they'll piss me off...if that makes any sense :rofl::rofl::rofl: And in all honesty, if people ask me, I'll be the first one to say that vettel is as fast as they come. I just don't like the guy
Hmm lets see you don't know him personaly but you hate him (and hate is such a sorrowfull thing to have in you), sounds like a mature approach/outlook to me :rolleyes: .

So are yall gonna get back OT or is this just gonna be another one of those threads that eventually gets locked?
Hmm lets see you don't know him personaly but you hate him (and hate is such a sorrowfull thing to have in you), sounds like a mature approach/outlook to me :rolleyes: .

So are yall gonna get back OT or is this just gonna be another one of those threads that eventually gets locked?

Well, I guess with that logic then nobody can really like any driver because 99.9% of us don't know any of them personally, so what are any of us doing watching the sport? But I'm the same age as vettel so I guess we're both young, immature, passionate guys just doing what we do.

Anyway, I'll bring us back to the OT.

My worst ever F1 moment was when vettel won the championship :hehe::hehe::hehe:
A lot of bad moments from Massa, Hungary 08 and 09. Losing the championship in such dramatic fashion 08. Having to let Alonso past in Germany

Hearing that Piquet was asked to crash on purpose in Singapore.

Not one from F1, but I actually watched the F2 race where Henry Surtee's was killed. Not a very nice experience

See our F1 related articles too!