FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Try this:

[youtube]aVpux5JxqEk[/youtube]
:yikes:

This crash saw the highest recorded g-forces since the introduction of crash violence recording systems, peaking at 214 g's (almost 2100 m/s2; regular gravitational force is 9.8 m/s2).

He suffered multiple fractures, breaking his sternum, femur, shattering a vertebra in his spine and crushing his ankles. He spent 18 months recovering from his injuries.

I know it's a little off topic not being F1 but holy cow that's one heavy crash!
Senna dying and the whole black weekend.

Donnerly in quali for spanish GP,seeing his stricken body made me sick,dunno how he lived.Think even youtube deleted the vidoes.

Berger at imola car on fire,same for Lauda.

Having Michael Schumacher in a Benetton flying at about 150mph 3 foot off the floor sideways heading towards my head at copse,thankfully the barrier held out ,but frit the s**t out of me hehe.He got straight out into another car and done a quali lap,spose he was less shaken than me lol.

to name but a few.
mine has to start with lewis,

china 07- it still begs belief to this day why he was left out

Brazil 07- just such bad luck with the gearbox glitch, but great effort to comeback

bahrain 08- good quali performance, bad start to race then hit alonso

canada 08- failing to see red light in pit lane

belgium 08- well the the news of the world newspaper did and investagation into one of the stweards i say no more moral victor

japan 08- a bad start and it just got worse

brazil 08- well the emotion rollacoaster was in full swing! thankfully good karma blessed lewis

first half 2009- when i relised that lewis had no chance, my head sank into my hands!

aus 2010- that strategy call for the extra pit stop

spain 2010- that wheel failure cost 18 points which if you add to tally makes him wdc

hungary 2010- the gearbox ahh damb

italy and singapore 2010- couldnt believe it two non points in a row

japan 2010- put in a great quali after practice crash, then 3rd gear broke to finish 5th

brazil 2010- when red bull finished 1-2 and lewis' championship chances were almost over, my heart sank to the bottom, in fact, i could feel the tears of pain

now to the other terrible moments

mark webber's terrifying crash in valencia,

felipe massa accident in hungary

jenson button retiring in monaco due to the duct thing,

sebastian vettel crashing jenson out of spa when 2nd
I have not been watching long, but mark webber crashing at korea was heart breaking. You just knew when it happened that he just dealt a mortal blow to his championship hopes. :banghead::banghead:
when Hamilton beached the car in 07 throwing away the race =\

Mmm :scratchchin:. I think Hamilton would have pitted several laps earlier had he been listened to.
Of course Imola 1994, but I think that can be taken as read for anyone who was watching F1 at the time.

Aside from that, the Hakkinen Adelaide 1995 was scary, I was a massive Mika fan and was checking ceefax / teletext every few minutes for an update (no internet then!! :D) on his condition.

Nobody's mentioned the Martin Brundle Crash in Melbourne (1996 I think from memory?) after the start where the car actually broke in half! I had a really bad feeling about that for a few seconds until he emerged unscathed!

Then there was from memory a Katayama barrel role sometime around '95 or '96 that sticks in my mind.

Even in 2010, the Webber acrobatics was a scary one to watch.
I did not see it at the time (it was before I was born) but 1977 seemed to have a few bad moments

David Purley, Silverstone 1977 (highest G-force ever recorded 180 G) the car decelerating from approx. 110 mph to zero in half a meter. The crash was extremely violent. Plus as a Welshman Tom Pryce was a sad moment for me.
I've only been watching F1 for about 5 years so my list isn't very extensive. Most of the 'worst moments' I've discovered watching old footage. But for me, as far as live viewing goes, it's:

- Robert Kubica's crash in Canada, 2007

- Massa's accident in Hungary, 2009

- Vettel winning the championship in 2010 :twisted:

- Anytime Hamilton decides to drive over gravel or gets a bit excited trying to overtake :(
Senna's death has by far been the worst.

There's been a few other bad moments here and there (Schuey retiring), but the second one would be Indy 2005. I was actually at the GP, sitting close to the pit area and watched :yikes: as they all filed into the pits. There was a Bridgestone employee sitting next to me and he had this smug smile on his face. I wanted to slug him.
Senna's death has by far been the worst.

There's been a few other bad moments here and there (Schuey retiring), but the second one would be Indy 2005. I was actually at the GP, sitting close to the pit area and watched :yikes: as they all filed into the pits. There was a Bridgestone employee sitting next to me and he had this smug smile on his face. I wanted to slug him.

You should have.
Yep you should have and that was a very grim F1 moment but thankfully the Schumachers are hard headed :D .

See our F1 related articles too!