FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Hi everyone!

Well before I get into the fairly obvious bit in the title, I guess a big hello is required as i am new to the forum today!!

HELLO:wavey:

I have been a couch F1 fan for some time (I used to watch rallying) but rather unbelievably have never been to an F1 race!? Well this year is my 10th wedding anniversary and my gorgeous wife suggested (No I did not drug or hypnotise her) that we go and watch the British Gran Prix!! I was a bit taken aback to be brutally honest but some months on and we are the proud owners of 3 day passes and camping tickets to match.

Soooooo! Having never been to see F1 and never having been to Silverstone I would massively appreciate some pearls of wisdom from the F1 massive. And on that note I will open it up to you guys, any thing you would advise us to take with us, things to see/not see, any and all advice will be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance guys
Simon

P.S really looking forward to the new season!!
Hi,
Ive been to silverstone loads and often given advice. Read through these threads from previous years. You can aslo try searching 'Silverstone' or 'British GP' on here for other threads. Pm me if you require any other specific information.
You'll have a ball!! Its a fantastic weekend.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8823&start=0&hilit=British+GP
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6478&start=0&hilit=Silverstone+camping+2009
Hi,
Ive been to silverstone loads and often given advice. Read through these threads from previous years. You can aslo try searching 'Silverstone' or 'British GP' on here for other threads. Pm me if you require any other specific information.
You'll have a ball!! Its a fantastic weekend.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8823&start=0&hilit=British+GP
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6478&start=0&hilit=Silverstone+camping+2009

:yes: it awesome!
Now I am really excited and the season hasn't even kicked off yet!! :eek::clap:
:D

The camp sites mentioned in the threads above, are they in Silverstone then or outside? I have bought camping tickets with my admission tickets etc, but not sure where I will be camping, if yo get me?

Bring it on.. :drink:

Sorry getting carried away with the smilies, I will stop now. :)
Now I am really excited and the season hasn't even kicked off yet!! :eek::clap:
:D

The camp sites mentioned in the threads above, are they in Silverstone then or outside? I have bought camping tickets with my admission tickets etc, but not sure where I will be camping, if yo get me?

Bring it on.. :drink:

Sorry getting carried away with the smilies, I will stop now. :)

None of the campsites are in the actual race track grounds, most are in farms surrounding it. Silverstone is a small village near the track . Im not sure where the official campsite is that you can book with the tickets.The one i stay at is really close to the track and easily walkable, some are a bit further out.
Hmmmmm.....

I will revisit my tickets etc and see what it is I have paid for!

Still excited :)

Cheers Racechick!

Si

Yes. Still be excited! Twil be brill whatever!!!
Il shall be doing the same as last year, leave Bristol at 5am! LUVS IT!!!

My first time this year and although we got ages to organise my intial thoughts with the old man was to drive down there throughthe night, we live in north london, well, hertfordshire but basically north london. So we planned to just bomb up the M1 and get there early. That said.....weve got tickets to an M1 park and ride.......Oh god i need to sort this out....
Hello Mate, im in the same position, though im going to the Istanbul Grand Prix, my first one too, a collegue of mine whos a big Moto GP fan said to make sure i take ear plugs with me :confused::confused: he's adamnt i will need them!! So that might be a useful tip, but not from experience.
Well being a long time Drag racing attendee ear plugs are already firmly on the list ;)

Although I seriously doubt F1 is as loud as them Top Fuel bad boys to be honest!

Still excited! :)

Any other Silverstone first timers?

Cheers
Si

See our F1 related articles too!