FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
hi there all i have just joined this forum and have been following formula 1 for years and finally getting to go the turkey grand prix , i have booked my flights , hotel and got gold tickets , im just looking to see if anyone can help me with a question im looking on the map and from my hotel to istabul park it looks a fair distance im staying in Fatih just near the water im just wanting to know if its better to rent a car or if there is any transport running from the city to the park and if so how long does it take thanks hope someone can help . . . im like a kid so excited lol :rofl:
Last edited by st53bve on 10 Dec 10, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
Hi. Ive stayed in Istanbul and visited Istanbul Park. Its a fantastic city and a good racetrack. Im envious!!. Transport is layed on in the form of busses running every half hour or so. I stayed in Sultanamet and was very near the bus place. They also go from Taxim Square and possibley other places. You dont need to book, just turn up and the cost is nominal (though they have a silly ticket system which takes a while on the return journey).When I went it was only the second Istanbul GP and the drivers were not too good at navigation-it ended up with the fans screaming directions at trhem, hopefully they now know the way! PM me if yo need any more info.
Hello Peeps,

Sorry if im posting this in the wrong section

I need some advice on the Turkish GP, I fancy going to this and was wondering if anyone on here has been and has any advice? ie. where to stay, how easy it is to get to the track from / to the city etc.

Any help V appreciated.
Ahh much appreciated, i did do a search but just came up with 2010 discussions on the turkish GP, although to be honest i didnt dig too far :D

No prob - now you know :thumbup:
Ticket bought! ..now the long wait begins!!

Got ticket! I have now booked flight (BA from Heathrow ) and hotel ( CVK, Taksim Square ) I CANT WAIT!!!!!

Please remember: this is NOT twitter.com :P
Hi
if anyone is interested in meeting up to sort out transport i would be interested. My first Grand Prix and i cant wait. Going with my partner and hoping to go Fri, Sat and Sunday. Will be staying near Topkapi palace and will need to walk to Taksim square i suppose. Any other suggestions most welcome. Travelling from Telford btw
Hi
if anyone is interested in meeting up to sort out transport i would be interested. My first Grand Prix and i cant wait. Going with my partner and hoping to go Fri, Sat and Sunday. Will be staying near Topkapi palace and will need to walk to Taksim square i suppose. Any other suggestions most welcome. Travelling from Telford btw

I stayed quite near Topkapi. You dont need to walk to Taxim, there are buses going from Sultanamet. (they stop near the blue mosque , outside Hagia Sophia).

See our F1 related articles too!