FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
Jules Bianchi of course. The guys dominating F3 euroseries at the moment. He's so far won 5 out of 7 the main races. Plus his manager is Nicholas Todt. No doubt he'll be driving for ART in GP2 next year, and be knocking on F1 doors in 2011.

Esteban Gutiérrez as well since the guys still only 18. But then again, you can be thrown into things too prematurely at times. I wonder will he still be backed by BMW now as well. Therefore, one to watch.

I'm also interested to watch Sergio Perez, another Mexican. Flung straight from British F3 to Gp2 at the age of 19. He's been under the radar for most of this year, but has shown some promise over the last few weeks interestingly. So I'll be watching him next year in GP2.

cap-dude called this one over a year ago.. Sergio Perez, driving for Sauber next season
Jules Bianchi of course. The guys dominating F3 euroseries at the moment. He's so far won 5 out of 7 the main races. Plus his manager is Nicholas Todt. No doubt he'll be driving for ART in GP2 next year, and be knocking on F1 doors in 2011.

Esteban Gutiérrez as well since the guys still only 18. But then again, you can be thrown into things too prematurely at times. I wonder will he still be backed by BMW now as well. Therefore, one to watch.

I'm also interested to watch Sergio Perez, another Mexican. Flung straight from British F3 to Gp2 at the age of 19. He's been under the radar for most of this year, but has shown some promise over the last few weeks interestingly. So I'll be watching him next year in GP2.

cap-dude called this one over a year ago.. Sergio Perez, driving for Sauber next season

Indeed, I also found this: http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1 ... Perez.aspx, Perez is in the young driver acdemy for Ferrari. Before or after he got his deal with Sauber, hmm?

Also, wonder if Ferrari should've got Bianchi the seat instead. Although maybe another year in gp2 would be better for him, is it unfair to say he's looking the best driver whose never been in f1 without a seat?
Sauber are a bit of a Ferrari b-team.

Back before the BMW days, when they were using Ferrari engines. They had Felipe Massa onboard. But really it's just to be expected. Force India are taking Di Resta, a Mercedes backed driver. Williams took on Nakajima, a toyota backed driver.

Question is of course, would that mean if Perez is quick enough he could end up in a Ferrari. (personally I'd rather see Kobayashi :hehe: )

Here's an interesting one though. Where could Esteban Gutierrez end up in 2012.
GP3 champion, extremely quick, good chance he could be GP2 champion. Moves to Lotus ART GP2 team for 2011. Now thats Group Lotus, the ones who are apparently taking over Renault. He's also the Sauber test driver, and has heavy sponsorship from Telmex. Telmex are heavily connected to Sauber at the moment. ART also bring connections to Ferrari, as do Sauber.

Honestly, I can't remember seeing an upcoming driver with more connections. :hehe:
Thanks for the heads up there on him, hadn't heard of him before.

Bianchi is progressing quite nicely, best rookie in gp2 this season (3rd overall), and now Ferrari test driver. Got exclusive use of the f-10 for the young driver tests. But I think his goal for a respectable f1 career hinges now on winning GP2 in 2011.

Can't predict the future obviously, so it could pan out completely differently, but thats how I read it, its time for him to make another step up the rung,
Lewis Williamson - Runner up in FRenault this season and winner of Mclaren Autosport Award.

I've watched him race in karts since 2003 and he was always so fast, and a demon overtaker, and it appears to be the same in cars.

Looks like he's in GP3 next season, so I'd look out for him!
Add another bloke to the list, Mitch Evans.

The kid has only just turned 15. When he was 13 he won The Manfield Winter Series 2008 (NZ Winter Formula Ford)

He came 2nd in the National NZ Formula Ford across 2008/2009 when he was just 14.

Then came 2nd in the 2009 Australian Formula Ford Series aged 14 too.

Then at the end of this year he started competing in the Australia F3 championship (he only did the last round) but he won the final race. The kid is gunna do some big things I can tell you that. This NZ kid will put NZ Motorsport on the map

That was posted in Late December 2009.

*He won his first Toyota Racing Series (NZ's highest Open Wheeler Series) in 2010 and became the youngest person to do so. It was his rookie season at TRS
*He came 2nd by a single point in the Australian F3 series last year..but he did miss 3 races and the guy who beat (Ben Barker) raced in every race
*He easily dominated the Toyota Racing Series in 2011 and his title defence was never in doubt. Easily won it. He also won the NZ Grand Prix becoming the first person to do so.
*Was in the top few for every GP3 pre season test.

Now he will start 9th (bit stiff not be a little higher, was P5 and P3 in Practise 1/2) in his debut GP3 race for MW Arden. And he is still just 16!
Add another bloke to the list, Mitch Evans.

The kid has only just turned 15. When he was 13 he won The Manfield Winter Series 2008 (NZ Winter Formula Ford)

He came 2nd in the National NZ Formula Ford across 2008/2009 when he was just 14.

Then came 2nd in the 2009 Australian Formula Ford Series aged 14 too.

Then at the end of this year he started competing in the Australia F3 championship (he only did the last round) but he won the final race. The kid is gunna do some big things I can tell you that. This NZ kid will put NZ Motorsport on the map

That was posted in Late December 2009.

*He won his first Toyota Racing Series (NZ's highest Open Wheeler Series) in 2010 and became the youngest person to do so. It was his rookie season at TRS
*He came 2nd by a single point in the Australian F3 series last year..but he did miss 3 races and the guy who beat (Ben Barker) raced in every race
*He easily dominated the Toyota Racing Series in 2011 and his title defence was never in doubt. Easily won it. He also won the NZ Grand Prix becoming the first person to do so.
*Was in the top few for every GP3 pre season test.

Now he will start 9th (bit stiff not be a little higher, was P5 and P3 in Practise 1/2) in his debut GP3 race for MW Arden. And he is still just 16!

Came 6th and 7th in the first 2 races of the year and now on POLE for Barca...I tell ya he is a Future F1 Champion people!

And he wins the Feature Race.....GUN
By vlad
So, I haven't found a topic that strictly sticks to area of young, upcoming drivers. So, any driver you find that's worth watching, you can post it here.
On that note, I've seen one of them myself. His name is Luciano Bacheta. He is currently racing in the FIA Formula 2 Championship. After only driving in 2 races in his second year (only drove 4 races last year), this youngster has proven to be a great driver already, winning the first 2 rounds on Silverstone in a great manner. He is born to Indian parents and with Italian ancestry. Could we see him in F1? :yes:

By vlad
Not a great Highlight, but you can see his move from 1:45, that was in 2nd race, in first he was even better.

[youtube]YuRjwExxn8A[/youtube]

See our F1 related articles too!