FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By raithrover
Just reading Jackie Stewart's autobiography, which comes with a decent DVD (nice touch).

Very refreshing to see a biography from someone that isn't 25yrs old and hasn't lived much of a life. So many great names from the past and a real lack of safety in F1 from his stories.

Lewis Hamilton's is out next month, I'll probably pick it up cheap out of interest but I cannot help but feel its only the beginning of his story, whereas Stewart probably left out so much of his F1 experiences to fit into his life story.

So, what other F1 biographies or autobiographies are worth picking up in your opinion?
By Selcouth_Feline
Steve Matchett's 'The Mechanics Tale' is a good read. I have several of his books and they are quite easy to read and nicely written. Clicky

If you are going to buy anything from Amazon, I'm sure Stephen would be very happy if you would access Amazon through his F1 shopas it would help to pay the hosting bill ;)
By 7UpJordan
Eddie Jordan - an independant man

Picked this up the other week but not started it yet as I'm still finishing off the Life of Senna.
By madbrad
How many books does Steve have? I read Life in the Fast Lane which is about the 1994 Beneton campaign, more specifiaclly Steve's side of thew team which was the non Schumacher half, Mechanic's tale which is abou thow he got into motorsports and on to the Benetton team and up to his resignation in 89, and The Chariot Makers which is about how to make a formula one car set in a conversation at an airport with two older fans and taking the best parts from the various teams' cars amd making the ultimate car out of them.
What else is there?
By darwin dali
I'm still finishing off the Life of Senna.

I couldn't stand him either, but going THAT far? Besides I thought that's taken care of years ago... :twisted:8):lol:
By Woodchip
Ayrton Senna - As Time Goes By is worth a read.
Ken Tyrell's biography is amazing, and worth looking out for. It should be cheap now, as it's been out a while.

Murray Walker's bore my n*ts off!!! Jeez, can that man waffle. Excellent commentator for creating an atmosphere, but can really make you suicidal
By madbrad
Principals of motor racing by Ayrton Senna. Very educational. It's also humourous to go into the Car Buffs(store) and ask the guy if he has Ayrton Senna's principles.

See our F1 related articles too!