FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Selcouth_Feline
Wow, a lot of drivers leaving mid season this year!

Apparently after the Monza race, Klien told his mechanics he would not be racing for the rest of the season with them. I can't find any information on why they have decided to part company. Red Bull's third driver, Doornbos, will race in the remaining three races alongside DC.

A statement from RBR reads:

"Following Christian Klien's decision to pursue other options within Formula One, Red Bull Racing has agreed to release him from his contract with immediate effect. The team's test and reserve driver Robert Doornbos will contest the last three races of the season for the team, alongside David Coulthard."

So, he's staying in F1 somewhere.....I wonder where!
By Irv the Swerve
i heard that the new spyker team have began talks with him becaus they want to get rid of tiago and keep albers (because hes dutch)
By Marco
Yup, looking like Spyker. 8)

Should be interesting to see what that group can do, here is one of their road cars. A snip at £150k.

By certom
15000 £ ? are you sure? i thought more..
By Selcouth_Feline
15000 £ ? are you sure? i thought more..

£150,000 - you missed a zero there ;)

That's more than enough!! For that sort of money, I could (almost) buy a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder :D I've seen them advertised at £188,000 so I guess it depends on the exchange rate/dealer as to the actual price.
By certom
oh, now it's clear! :)

150000£ are about 200000€....with 25000€ more you can buy a serious 612 Scaglietti (that's serious..not cars like 599 GTB or F430, or TVR...TVR seems cars made only for the videogames...)
By Selcouth_Feline
TVRs rock!!!!!
Supercar power for normal car price ;)
I want one, but with the fuel prices over here, it would be too expensive :(
By certom
but TVR are made for comics, for videogames as i said, not nice cars!!!
By Selcouth_Feline
Nooooo! They are lovely :)
They have grogeous interiors.....do you drive yet? Go test drive one ;)
The noise is just.....wow.....!
By certom
actually i don't drive yet, but i like stylish cars...for example an Aston Martin V12 Vanquish.....eh eh i know, no comparison between TVR and AM :D
By Irv the Swerve
i dont drive either but i like the dodge viper and im a fan of a nice ferrari f50 but i might have to set the bar a little lower! :)
By Selcouth_Feline
OK, you're right on that ;)
Anyway, I'd still have a nice Ferrari over a TVR :)
By Irv the Swerve
back to f1 for a moment i think robert doornbos will be a surprise package during the last 3 races. i think he could squeeze a point or two.
By certom
yeah, i think so too, he's doing quite well in testing...
By Irv the Swerve
do you think he will get a drive next year or is he going to be the test driver again?

See our F1 related articles too!