FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

From your dishwasher to F1 memorabilia, advertise here! For regulars only.
By Sarah jane
Can any on help me please?

I have been clearing out my attic and have come across a medal from FIA gold F1 aryton senna. Do u know anything about them as I was going to sell and pass to someone who might like it? It was my fathers it's dated 1988? I can put some pics up if tht helps?

Thanks so much

Sarah
By EwanM
Hello Sarah,

If you were to post some pictures that would be a big help as i'm not really sure about the medal and it may give me some idea.
By What's Burning?
message one of the mods if you need help posting the picture.
By Sarah jane
Tis isnt it! Wasted with me tho! i have no use for it but i think it must be worth something to someone? I have a rough idea of price for one like his partner but not for Ayrton himself like this!? :wavey:
By EwanM
Interesting piece of kit.

You know if I were you i'd actually look to contact McLaren to get some sort of idea of what it is.

If it is a rare piece then it would be fitting to have it placed in some sort of Senna collection etc.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
By EwanM
Interesting piece of kit.

You know if I were you i'd actually look to contact McLaren to get some sort of idea of what it is.

If it is a rare piece then it would be fitting to have it placed in some sort of Senna collection etc.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

EDIT: Sorry it is late. I meant contact McLaren to get an idea of its value; whether there were numerous versions issued or if it is unique.

It has the McLaren official logo on it, but I think it may be something Honda might have released after the 88 title triumph.

See our F1 related articles too!