"Shumi The BEST Sportman in the World":Woods

Formula One related discussion.
logan
Posts: 58
Joined: 11 Aug 06, 11:05

"Shumi The BEST Sportman in the World":Woods

Post by logan »

Well to all those how keep on nagging about Shumi being a cheat and stuff ......well even when you sum up all the things he has done in past no one can deny he's the Best..And I'm glad even Tiger Woods thinks the same...
Woods has ranked Shumi even ahead of himself as well as Roger F.After all only a diamond can identify another....


I know what the Renault fans are thinking .....

Maybe Ferrari/FIA/Shumi must have Bribed Tiger Woods to say all this....
sonic
Posts: 48
Joined: 09 Sep 06, 18:37

Post by sonic »

His record certainly suggests he is the best and he is almost certainly the best of his era. It really has been a pity that no exceptional talent has been able to consistently challenge him. When one looks back at the great drivers before him, they always had another great driver pushing them hard. Mansell, Prost, Piquet, Senna and many more. When you look at the bulk of Schumachers wins there has been no one to challenge him. Hakkinen had a go, as did Hill and Villeneuve, but none of them were challenging him because they were talented, but because Adrian Newey designed them a car that was unbeatable.
User avatar
darwin dali
Forum Queen
Posts: 26934
Joined: 18 Mar 06, 02:56

Post by darwin dali »

It's the other way round sonic: because MS was around and so dominant with his talent, no other driver could flourish and we (wrongly) perceive that there was no challenger around. He was simply driving in his own class. Take out MS for the past 15 years and we'd be gushing about what great drivers MH, DH, JV, even RB and JPM and KR and FA are and we would be comparing them to Mansell, Piquet, Prost, and Senna because they'd have won all the races MS won and they would have pushed each other in great duels. Alas, MS was so overpowering that their performances simply paled in view of his genius. He beat all the great drivers in an inferior car incl. Senna, when driver aids were something for the future. He transitioned into the modern way of F1 quite easily and left his mark for generations. Put a KR or FA in a '94 Benetton and they'd look like quacking ducks!
What you are saying basically is that F1 for the past 15 years couldn't produce somebody of the caliber of Prost or Senna or Mansell or Piquet to challenge MS. That is VERY unlikely looking at the history of F1 and knowing that all teams and drivers are success-driven (plus the pool of potential drivers to draw from must have increased, what? 10 fold in the past 10 years). No, I'd say we have seen drivers of that kind of caliber, but they couldn't shine because MS overshaddowed them so utterly. This is one rationale for me to label him the greatest driver ever, well ahead of the likes of Prost and Senna and Fangio.
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
neil
Posts: 51
Joined: 16 Jun 06, 14:34

Post by neil »

Well there you go Tiger Woods has spoken, give me a break Woods would not have a clue about F1 and the despicable acts Schumacher has committed.
If this is the best endorsement the Schumie lambs can come up with then you are not helping your argument at all :lol: :lol: :lol:
I couldn't fix your brakes,so I made your horn louder
User avatar
Stephen
Site Admin
Posts: 2195
Joined: 24 Sep 05, 12:47
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by Stephen »

darwin_dali wrote:Put a KR or FA in a '94 Benetton and they'd look like quacking ducks!


Sorry, but I would have to disagree on the KR front. Take Monza for example, the McLaren's were nowhere in testing, but with KR at the wheel he managed to get his car on pole. Kimi never had a car reliable or fast enough to challenge Schumacher, had he done I think you'd have seen an almighty championship battle.
logan
Posts: 58
Joined: 11 Aug 06, 11:05

Post by logan »

neil: "
Well there you go Tiger Woods has spoken, give me a break Woods would not have a clue about F1 and the despicable acts Schumacher has committed.
If this is the best endorsement the Schumie lambs can come up with then you are not helping your argument at all "

Just to make Shumi not look good you have gone to the extent of doubting Woods knowledge of F1....
Havent seen any antiShumi critic that miserable ...I really pity you.
User avatar
darwin dali
Forum Queen
Posts: 26934
Joined: 18 Mar 06, 02:56

Post by darwin dali »

Stephen: Kimi never had a car reliable or fast enough to challenge Schumacher...
Uh, not true or only partially: McLaren had the fastest car in 2003 and 2005. In both years, KR should have won the championship.

Besides you missed the point: put KR in a '94 Benetton without the driver aids and he'd look lost.
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
User avatar
Stephen
Site Admin
Posts: 2195
Joined: 24 Sep 05, 12:47
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by Stephen »

darwin_dali wrote:Stephen: Kimi never had a car reliable or fast enough to challenge Schumacher...
Uh, not true or only partially: McLaren had the fastest car in 2003 and 2005. In both years, KR should have won the championship.

Besides you missed the point: put KR in a '94 Benetton without the driver aids and he'd look lost.


Again I have to disagree. KR came from karting, and there are no driver aids there - he'll be equally matched IMHO in a 1994 car. In addition, just how unreliable have McLaren been in recent years - how many races did Kimi lead only to then brake down? And, let's not forget that unlike Schumacher and Alonso, Kimi actually had a teammate who could drive! :wink:
User avatar
darwin dali
Forum Queen
Posts: 26934
Joined: 18 Mar 06, 02:56

Post by darwin dali »

RB is a fine driver.
I was just debunking your myth that McLaren didn't have the fastest car. Sure, their reliability sucked, but fast they were.
It's not the same to have driven karts and then jump right into high-tech F1. MS came from karting, actually drove those old F1 cars and yanked them around the tracks like go-karts, an art he perfected and nobody could come close to.
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
User avatar
Stephen
Site Admin
Posts: 2195
Joined: 24 Sep 05, 12:47
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by Stephen »

darwin_dali wrote:MS came from karting, actually drove those old F1 cars and yanked them around the tracks like go-karts, an art he perfected and nobody could come close to.


I can't argue with that, but Kimi is a strange breed of driver, can pretty much rag anything with a motor. I myself would have given my left testicle to see Schumacher battle Kimi in the same team, sadly, it looks as though that'll never happen. :(
User avatar
darwin dali
Forum Queen
Posts: 26934
Joined: 18 Mar 06, 02:56

Post by darwin dali »

Yeah, who in the world would want your left testicle anyway???
It's not that there's something like 'Locks of Love' for testicles, right? Maybe something you could start: Stephen's TesticlesOfLove.org, hm, this has a ring to it...
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
User avatar
Stephen
Site Admin
Posts: 2195
Joined: 24 Sep 05, 12:47
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by Stephen »

Lol, I may give that a go! Suppose you'll want a share of the advertising monies too as its your idea! :twisted:

Obviously we'll need a gallery of the aforementioned subject, care to be the photographer? :P
User avatar
darwin dali
Forum Queen
Posts: 26934
Joined: 18 Mar 06, 02:56

Post by darwin dali »

Sure! How's it hanging? Asking because of the light...
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
User avatar
darwin dali
Forum Queen
Posts: 26934
Joined: 18 Mar 06, 02:56

Post by darwin dali »

neil wrote:Well there you go Tiger Woods has spoken, give me a break Woods would not have a clue about F1 and the despicable acts Schumacher has committed.
If this is the best endorsement the Schumie lambs can come up with then you are not helping your argument at all :lol: :lol: :lol:


MS has MY endorsement and I'm an F1 expert fan and have been for 37 years! :mrgreen: 8) 8) 8)
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
neil
Posts: 51
Joined: 16 Jun 06, 14:34

Post by neil »

logan wrote:neil: "
Well there you go Tiger Woods has spoken, give me a break Woods would not have a clue about F1 and the despicable acts Schumacher has committed.
If this is the best endorsement the Schumie lambs can come up with then you are not helping your argument at all "

Just to make Shumi not look good you have gone to the extent of doubting Woods knowledge of F1....
Havent seen any antiShumi critic that miserable ...I really pity you.


If you haven't seen worse than me then you haven't around long sonny, but thanks for the compliment anyway :D
I couldn't fix your brakes,so I made your horn louder