FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Hi guys an gals im new to this forum.

Im going to Silverstone and it is my first grand prix. I cannot wait!

I have a 3 day bronze pass for Copse E.

I have a few questions im hoping someone could answer.

Im staying in a hotel in Corby and using Sixfields Park and Ride and was just wondering what time I would need to leave to get to Park and Ride and ultimately the curcuit so that I can get the best possible spot on both Saturday and Sunday?

Also, does anyone know if it will be busy on the roads getting to the park and ride?

The site seems to open about 2 and half hours before the first bus leaves and just wondered how early I am going to have to get there for as I want this to be the best experience possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Steve

P.S. Im travelling down from Leeds at 4am, its about 2 and half hours on sat nav want to get there before the first event to have a look round and get some breakfast, will that give me enough time or will I need to leave earlier?

Cheers.

Ill find out for you the earliest the Park an ride leaves. I live 2 minutes away :)
Hi Guys!

Again like many others its my first time at Silverstone on Sat 10th, im only going for the qualifying as im too poor at the moment for the race day :( - Is the Qualifying as busy as the race day? ie i have to get their at 7.00am to get a seat???

I paid for parking but now have second thoughts, am i going to be stuck in traffic for hours on end?

got the checklist ready tho; food, waterproof, suncream, extra layers, camera. Any thing else?

Thanks for the help :)
Hi Guys!

Again like many others its my first time at Silverstone on Sat 10th, im only going for the qualifying as im too poor at the moment for the race day :( - Is the Qualifying as busy as the race day? ie i have to get their at 7.00am to get a seat???

I paid for parking but now have second thoughts, am i going to be stuck in traffic for hours on end?

got the checklist ready tho; food, waterproof, suncream, extra layers, camera. Any thing else?

Thanks for the help :)

You might not need too many layers, theres a heat wave coming for sat!!! 30 degrees :):)
If you have general entry you will have to take your own seat and getting there early would be advisable. Its not quite as busy as Sunday but still pretty hectic and people tend to wander around more between events.
so say i get there at 7/8.00am what do i do until 1.00pm??? :confused:

Support races, alcohol and banter with the other fans there! Easy! :P
End of the pitstraight/copse is good. Watched my best ever Silverstone race from there(but it was 2005!) Maggots and beckets is good to see them shifting. Everyone has their favourite spot. Ive watched from Bridge last few years but thats part of the reprofiling this year so its changed.
Going on Sunday, taking my 70 year old dad for a birthday surprise. Got General Admission tickets.
We will be getting there about 6am, got the fold up chairs and other supplies for the day.

Can any of you Silverstone veterans please advise me which part of the course would ideal for a 70 year old who WILL need easy-ish access to toilets. (medical problems)

Many many thanks in advance.

See our F1 related articles too!