FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By Cordyceps
hi guys, first of all, pardon me if i posted this in the wrong section.

im from singapore and would be going to germany possibly in May and would like to check out 'the ring'.

i might be keen to rent a car there and do a couple of laps, but does anyone know what are the charges like and what cars are available? do i have to have advance booking?

would really appreciate any advises, especially to those who'd been there personally.

cheers
By Selcouth_Feline
Costs per lap are:
Single lap €22
4-lap ticket €75
8-lap ticket €145
15-lap ticket €250
25-lap ticket €390
Jahreskarte €1,075 (yearly pass)

You can hire a ring taxi on the day I believe but they do tend to be booked in advance so you're better off calling beforehand as they get booked up quite quickly. Their number is +49-2691-932 020 or email [email protected]. I think the charges are around €195 per lap, however you can have three people in the car and split the cost three ways. Having seen Sabine Schmitz on track sideways :eek::eek: it looks like a lot of fun.

Lots of people do seem to hire cars specifically for the track. I've seen good things written about Ringhaus, TTE Racing and Rent-Racecar.de however I always take my own car so no idea on costs.

It's a lot of fun and there's normally some awesome cars kicking around. I always try and go when there's also some racing on - saw the VLN racing last year and it was awesome. A mix of 5 or 6 different classes so you had supercars (Lexus LFA, GT40 etc) on-track with Fiestas :D
By Cordyceps
thanks a lot are u from Germany?

btw, by any chance would we get a certificate or any sort by participating in "attacking the ring' ??
By Gaz
i wouldn't go to the ring with the intention of attacking it, you'll end up in the wall.
By Selcouth_Feline
i wouldn't go to the ring with the intention of attacking it, you'll end up in the wall.
:yes: And it costs a fortune if you crash - I believe you have to pay for any damaged Armco + costs associated with shutting the circuit, recovering the car etc.

No, I'm not from Germany - I'm from the UK. You don't get any sort of certificate as it's really just a very long toll road ;) Lots of people buy stickers in the shape of the 'ring to put on their cars though :) (you can buy them in the car park area)
By Cordyceps

hence u see me hifen the work attacking the ring? " "
By Cordyceps
:yes: And it costs a fortune if you crash - I believe you have to pay for any damaged Armco + costs associated with shutting the circuit, recovering the car etc.

No, I'm not from Germany - I'm from the UK. You don't get any sort of certificate as it's really just a very long toll road ;) Lots of people buy stickers in the shape of the 'ring to put on their cars though :) (you can buy them in the car park area)

thanks a lot, im really all hype up now thinking about it. i hope there's a pretty decent car for rental that falls within my budget. just wanna do a lap or 2 in a decent car say maybe the lotus exige or something.
By Gaz

thanks a lot, im really all hype up now thinking about it. i hope there's a pretty decent car for rental that falls within my budget. just wanna do a lap or 2 in a decent car say maybe the lotus exige or something.

What car have you got?

Ferry to Belgium is £250 from Hull for 2 people and a car, now its about 4hrs-5hrs to the ring.

Planning to take my car over this august if possible when the gp is on.
By Cordyceps
im from singapore, south east asia so it's impossible for me to bring my car there... my best bet is to rent a car from the companies inside the ring.

i drive a turbocharged toyota mr-s...
By TGLucario475
try a clarkson and attack it in 9:59 :eek:

Or if you want to lose some weight, cycle around the circuit on the 4-lap ticket! Heck, that actually sounds like a good idea and I'd do it!

See our F1 related articles too!