FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Found a good site or want to plug your own? For regulars only.
By Jensonb
Hey guys, as some of you know, I'm in my final year of Sixth Form, which means A2 Work. Yes, the arse-end of A-Levels. But it's not all bad! Firstly, because I already have the UCAS Points to get into The University of Portsmouth (Which makes college right now hella chill) and secondly because Media Studies is 50% Coursework.THIS is what passes for the central component of 25% of my A-Level:

A2 Media Studies Production Piece: Hey! Watch This... by The Auteur Music Video

Before you ask, no I'm not in it. I was Directing. And Filming. And Editing. And I wrote the script. And I mixed the audio...You know, all the invisible stuff.

That said, I did dub in some dialogue and a frustrated sigh - try and guess which one!

Anyway, check it out and let us know what you think :D
By Juliet P
First off, I love the song - pretty cool.

Pretty nifty trick with the coat going on backwards.

I guess that no one's expecting to win an Oscar here, but I didn't quite get the bit at the beginning - did he get dumped because he asked for a beer?

You really needed a slightly wider shot on the 'sofa' bits, but I assume that's because you had an annoying restriction like a wall in the way. You also had some lighting issues bleaching out the right hand side of the shot in one of the later 'sofa' scenes.

It would be nice if some of the mouth movements in the 'band' scenes more closely matched the vocals, but I know that's pretty difficult to achieve.

Oh, and I bet the sigh is the one when he's climbing down the ladder... :P

So why aren't you in it, huh?
By 7UpJordan
I think I know which bits you dubbed in. :P
By Juliet P
I think I know which bits you dubbed in. :P

Whatever!
By EwanM
Cool video.

Tell your bassist to get a better one though :P

Next time you should hire some famous actors Paul. I'll get Legard on. :hehe:
By Jensonb
Cool video.

Tell your bassist to get a better one though :P

That's MY bass. :(

So why aren't you in it, huh?

Two reasons.

First, because SOMEONE had to actually film it.

Second, because I'm hideous :tongue:

Also, she dumped him because he cared more about his bandmates than her.
By Juliet P

But of course, band mates are for life, whereas girls... :P:hehe:
By Jensonb

But of course, band mates are for life, whereas girls... :P:hehe:

I suspect that would rather depend on the girl. Personally, I think he was a tool ;)
By suitcase
I really, really liked the song. The quality of the video was nice as well, and it looks like you put a lot of effort and time into it.

But the main actor was my favorite part :wink:
By Jensonb
I really, really liked the song. The quality of the video was nice as well, and it looks like you put a lot of effort and time into it.

His facial expressions made me laugh a lot, which made shooting them a bit hard haha
By suitcase

His facial expressions made me laugh a lot, which made shooting them a bit hard haha

I saw the shot of his face and my face was like 8D. Just being honest with you :)
By 7UpJordan
So is that song one written and played by your friends or is it just a borrowed one?
By Jensonb
So is that song one written and played by your friends or is it just a borrowed one?

It's by an Indie band called The Auteur. We just borrowed it.

See our F1 related articles too!