FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By EwanM
It is going to be a fantastic climax to this season's BTCC.

Turkington goes into the final race only 4 points ahead of Giovanardi with Plato a further four back.

With Jason Plato having won the opening two races we could really have a dramatic finish to the race.

I wonder what part Matt Neal, Matt Jackson, Andrew Jordan, Ant Reid and Jelley will play in helping their respective team no1's win the title.

Plato may take advantage of all this, but we'll need to wait and see.
All 3 deserve it.
By EwanM
Apologies for yet another post, but just to remind people that the race is due to start around 17.15-20.

Watch it. Go on.
By 7UpJordan
A lot of "for sures" in today's coverage.
By Selcouth_Feline
I really, really, really thought Turkington would be punted off in the final race. I'm so pleased he won though! I could barely watch the final race!Loved Plato's first win :hehe:

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again - does Matt Neal actually know how to overtake without punting the cars in front off? I'd love to see him not have a drive next season but as his family has a team, I guess that's not going to happen :( I have to say I'm pleased to see the back of the Vauxhalls - they definitely won't be missed by me.
By 7UpJordan
I really, really, really thought Turkington would be punted off in the final race. I'm so pleased he won though! I could barely watch the final race!Loved Plato's first win :hehe:

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again - does Matt Neal actually know how to overtake without punting the cars in front off? I'd love to see him not have a drive next season but as his family has a team, I guess that's not going to happen :( I have to say I'm pleased to see the back of the Vauxhalls - they definitely won't be missed by me.

Turkington is a worthy Champ, full credit to Plato and Giovvanardi as well for making it a close finale as well.

Matt Neal's tactics today in the final race were disgusting, in almost one fell swoop he managed to get both Airwaves cars practically eliminated from the race when a possible 1-2 was on the cards. His bunching up tactics got Collard taken out by Chilton and then he went and pushed Jonathan Adam off in retaliation for being overtaken!! :thumbdown:
By Selcouth_Feline
Matt Neal's tactics today in the final race were disgusting, in almost one fell swoop he managed to get both Airwaves cars practically eliminated from the race when a possible 1-2 was on the cards. His bunching up tactics got Collard taken out by Chilton and then he went and pushed Jonathan Adam off in retaliation for being overtaken!! :thumbdown:

And his retaliation at Mat Jackson. Just because someone passes you doesn't mean you can punt them off because you don't like it :rolleyes:
By emma
Aw, I'm gutted that Chilton didn't win any of the races :(
By EwanM
I don't like them, but Vauxhall were well within their rights to employ team tactics.

Sadly it's part and parcel of touring car racing.

Im glad Turk won though, mainly because over the course of the season he deserved it. However I'm gutted that circumstance really robbed Plato again for the third year in a row.
By racechick
Just watched it. I had it recorded. Very exciting and glad Turkington won. Wanted Tom Chiltern to win something. He's nice.......... and fast :)
By scotty
Only got round to watching the highlights last night. Stupid lack of TV. :doh: What can i say, epic entertainment as per usual! Turkington did such a great job considering he didn't stoop to punting people off, and that his team mates were more or less always way off the pace and of no help to him (unlike the Vauxhalls, and even the Chevy's).

I'm going to miss the BTCC more than F1 over the winter. :P
By EwanM
Only got round to watching the highlights last night. Stupid lack of TV. :doh: What can i say, epic entertainment as per usual! Turkington did such a great job considering he didn't stoop to punting people off, and that his team mates were more or less always way off the pace and of no help to him (unlike the Vauxhalls, and even the Chevy's).

I'm going to miss the BTCC more than F1 over the winter. :P

Indeed it's a shame.
By scotty
New season is only a few weeks away now... but i heard recently that Turkington, Plato and Giovanardi might all leave the series! That would not be good for the 2010 championship, to put it very mildly indeed. :scratchchin:
By EwanM
New season is only a few weeks away now... but i heard recently that Turkington, Plato and Giovanardi might all leave the series! That would not be good for the 2010 championship, to put it very mildly indeed. :scratchchin:

Gio has left. Plato and Turkington are chasing budgets, however it is looking likely that Turkington will join the WTCC with Vaulkhard at Bamboo.

See our F1 related articles too!