FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Just sit anywhere :D Silverstone is brill!!.

If you need info search 'Silverstone camping' thread from last year. If you need more info pm me :)

( I ususally sit in Bridge but i think it may be being redeveloped, it certainly wasnt available for early discount tickets-good seats if you can get them. This year Im in the new Beckotts Grandstand....new so dont know what its like, closer to the track apparantly)

If you need info search 'Silverstone camping' thread from last year. If you need more info pm me :)

( I ususally sit in Bridge but i think it may be being redeveloped, it certainly wasnt available for early discount tickets-good seats if you can get them. This year Im in the new Beckotts Grandstand....new so dont know what its like, closer to the track apparantly)

Here ya go :wink: ; viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7835&hilit=Silverstone+camping

tex

Here ya go :wink: ; viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7835&hilit=Silverstone+camping

tex

Thanks Tex, still takes me ages to find old things :blush:
By gingerweasel
Hi All,
I'm looking to book tickets to this years British Grand Prix but I haven't got a clue what to book. I'm a long time fan but have never actually been to a Grand Prix. I am looking to take my 8 year old son who's a huge super fan (Hamilton and Jenson).

Confused about the stand options etc...

Just want a good view, where we won't get soaked..

Any other advice or tips most welcome.
By emma
Are you getting General Admission tickets, or specific grandstand seats? And are they just race day, or the weekend?
I went for the first time last year. My boyfriend and I had weekend GA tickets. For Friday practice we snuck into one of the grnadstands :hehe: Then once all that was done, we took a walk round the whole circuit to find a good spot. For Saturday and Sunday, we ended up on Club corner, which was a really good view. We could see them coming out of Stow, down into Vale and then round Club. And it happened to be where a lot of the action was!
One problem with GA tickets - if you want a good view, you need to get there early. We were there for when gates opened on the Sunday (and the Saturday, but that wasn't so busy), and by the time we'd walked to Club the crowd was building up. I thought I'd be bored, but we took books and magazines, and the early morning radio kept us entertained! I would say take some fold up chairs, some big brollies, waterproofs, sun cream ETC. If you're camping, it's a bit of a treck to walk back to the tent, so you're better off being prepared for any eventuality! Unfortunately, if you've only got General Admission tickets, I don't think there's anywhere covered to stand, so brollies will have to do!

As for other, specific grandstand seats, I can't help you out much! Where we snuck into on Friday, Luffield, was a pretty good view, and nice and covered! And it would mean that you don't have to get up at stoopid o'clock to make sure of a seat!
Two Silverstone Topics merged
By rozer
Hi All,
I'm looking to book tickets to this years British Grand Prix but I haven't got a clue what to book. I'm a long time fan but have never actually been to a Grand Prix. I am looking to take my 8 year old son who's a huge super fan (Hamilton and Jenson).

Confused about the stand options etc...

Just want a good view, where we won't get soaked..

Any other advice or tips most welcome.

well for a cover you will have to upgrade to Silver, Gold or Platinum, as for the best one i am not to sure this year will be my first in a grandstand. though ive never been displeased with my location ! got soaked when hamilton won by the massive margin :) in 08 but it was alll good :D.

See our F1 related articles too!