FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

From your dishwasher to F1 memorabilia, advertise here! For regulars only.
By rozer
I am looking to get an interesting piece of an f1 car to add to the one i have already and just wanted to know if anyone knows of good websites they have used.
or even better how they get hold of them. And also if there is anyway to tempt a team to give me a little piece haha.
By McLaren
I can remember years ago you used to be able to buy bits at the grand prix's.although I think it was back in the days of red 5 :blush:
By rozer
I just have a little bit of an old Honda at the mo. just knowing who to trust online
By headless
Worth keeping an eye out for auctions too. Some older F1 stuff goes under the hammer and I know there was a big auction of Super Aguri stuff when they ended their run in F1 :(

i was SOOOOO PISSED when i missed that
i read an advert about 1 week later

Any toyota ones?
By What's Burning?
I wonder if a little bribing of track clean up crews would net you some bits of broken up carbon fiber front wings. Something with a clear logo on it would be a cool keepsake.

Quick search of eBay yields only one thing that could easily be just a reproduction. Surprising actually.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ferrari-F310-Formul ... 439a1b7c61

So maybe there's a really tight grip by the teams to gather up every bit of car part after an incident to limit espionage or black market selling?
By headless
I wouldn't be trusting eBay
By texasmr2
I have not personaly bought anything off Ebay but have been told the best thing to do is check a sellers ratings and feedback. I believe Ebay has some sort of safety net for both the buyers and sellers?
By What's Burning?
I wouldn't be trusting eBay

Are the things that are sold checked by employees of eBay?

There are "some" protections but like everything in life, it's buyer beware. But like Tex says just research the seller, look at their rating, look at feedback from other users and look at what they're selling and the prices being sold AND the shipping charges. I've been buying and selling without a single issue off of eBay since 2000. In that time though, I've come across hundred of things that were obvious headaches in the making if you bought it.
By MattMK45
I remember the marshalls at some races would agree that whoever was brave enough to collect the piece of a crash, even if the wreckage had been cleared could keep it as a trophy

See our F1 related articles too!