FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Seeing as this young German chap is coming back onto the scene, i wouldn't mind going to watch one of the European GP's next year. Thing is i have no idea where to start! I can find all the "corporate" info but, Which GP have YOU been to and A) Was it good, B) would you reccomend it and C) any other random bits of info!

(I intend to either camp or stay in a small hotel, driving from the UK, but distance isn't realyl an issue!)
Seeing as this young German chap is coming back onto the scene, i wouldn't mind going to watch one of the European GP's next year. Thing is i have no idea where to start! I can find all the "corporate" info but, Which GP have YOU been to and A) Was it good, B) would you reccomend it and C) any other random bits of info!

(I intend to either camp or stay in a small hotel, driving from the UK, but distance isn't realyl an issue!)

So your a Vettle Fan then yeh?

I'd go for Spa.

best circuit on the calender.

I've been to Hockenhiem was very good but if i was going to go to a race again i'd go to Spa.
i live in the uk and wouldve gone to see spa last year, if i was still that into it id go for spa!

looking down to au rouge looks like an amazing grand stand

its not to far from england either
Agree with both of the above, went too spa last year and loved it

To give you an indication as to how big/steep Au Rouge actually is

to give you a bit of an idea as to how big this place is and this isnt half of it

To give you an idea as to some of the totty you might see on you're travels :P

To give you an idea as to some of the totty you might see on you're travels :P

I'm sure I've seen those two at Silverstone before. :P
Thank you for the responses all! Yeah a Vettel fan indeed, i mistyped the usernamd 8-):D

I am waning to either the German GP, Spa or Hungary. Spa seems an obvious choice, Schuey loves the place and it does seem a super event. I went to the ring in 04 for the GP which was ace, but i haven't been to hockenheim so maybe..!
Considering the line up this year, you would be mad not to go to Spa. I recently weighed up the costs between Monza, Spa and Monaco (been to the British GP the last 2 years) Spa is an expensive weekend..but is at at the top of my most desired GP list, for sure. I have had friends who have been who cannot fault it as a track, for race action and atmosphere.

Factette: If budget is an issue....Turkey...although if its not this year I believe you will be sitting alone after that.

See our F1 related articles too!