FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
morning all

will be off to my first ever GP at Silverstone in 2010, got grandstand tickets at Vale.
only able to go down for race day, so will be staying locally the night before.

just wondered if regular race-goers had got any tips/advice... and what to expect from the seats we've got?
By emma
Actually, I thought the food there was reasonable (considering you're at the GP!) - and that's coming from a poor student who could only afford general admission tickets :hehe: There's a huge range of food available too.

Er as for other tips - if you want to buy merchandise without waiting aaaaaaages, get there nice and early - on race day it's always going to be busy, but the earlier the better. Alternatively, just use you elbows to best effect to make your way to the front :D
cracking! that's the kind of info needed... pack up the coolbags and do your own thing (thought obviously not your own booze)

You can take booze in. I always have a bottle of wine for quali :D
cracking! that's the kind of info needed... pack up the coolbags and do your own thing (thought obviously not your own booze)

Haha costs us a new coolbox each year,at the end of the day neither of us can be bothered to lug it back :hehe:

Haha costs us a new coolbox each year,at the end of the day neither of us can be bothered to lug it back :hehe:

Laaazzzzy
I cant really comment on the seats at Vale but if they are the same as the pit strait and Stowe then a standard sized cool box wont fit in front of your knees. you would be better of with a small cool bag each.

The one thing i cant do without is a my MP3/radio (with earphones) for the commentary. the megaphones around the track are all but useless for the race. i cant cope with not knowing whats happening when the cars are round the other side of the track.

Hope you have a great day out

See our F1 related articles too!