FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
EwmanM got me thinking..

Who are you looking at right now down the line for future Formula 1 drivers?

Talking about American Drivers, there is this Kid Alexander Rossi. I think he may be the one to watch. Here the latest on him

Rossi and ISR Racing confirm remainder of 2009
Dartford, Great Britain, July 14, 2009  Alexander Rossi having won the last race at Brno became the first American to win an International Formula Master race. The reigning Formula BMW World Final Winner then signed with the Czech Republic-based ISR team for the remainder of the season. Alexander is now looking forward to the start of the UKs round of the Series with high expectations.

http://www.alexanderrossi.com/

Who do you think is next Lewis Hamilton or Sebastian Vettel? Tell us your scouting reports and what drivers to look at. 2yrs from now you can say. I had my eye on him/(her) and new they were going somewhere. :hehe:
I think my racing performances managed to keep me in the seat, and we're gonna be on the grid in Senior Max next season, although I don't know at which level yet.. I think it'll only be club for 2010..

Anyway back to the thread,

I'd agree with Christo for sure. Although I'll go with a 14 year old, Alex Albon! He just won the Junior British Championship, and currently is backed by Red Bull. He's winning everything he's competing in atm.. Definate star of the future.
I'd probably say he's the next Dan Guerney or Eddie Cheever.

was Eddie Cheever any good?

He was alright, always seemed to end up driving an unreliable piece of junk.

I agree. Cheever, like Derek Warwick's career, is one full of bad luck and miss opportunities. Strange how their paths were quite similar.

I agree. Cheever, like Derek Warwick's career, is one full of bad luck and miss opportunities. Strange how their paths were quite similar.

Then they not only both ended up racing together at Arrows for 3 years but also for the TWR Silk Cut Jaguar World Sportscar Championship team. :hehe:
Jules Bianchi of course. The guys dominating F3 euroseries at the moment. He's so far won 5 out of 7 the main races. Plus his manager is Nicholas Todt. No doubt he'll be driving for ART in GP2 next year, and be knocking on F1 doors in 2011.

Esteban Gutiérrez as well since the guys still only 18. But then again, you can be thrown into things too prematurely at times. I wonder will he still be backed by BMW now as well. Therefore, one to watch.

I'm also interested to watch Sergio Perez, another Mexican. Flung straight from British F3 to Gp2 at the age of 19. He's been under the radar for most of this year, but has shown some promise over the last few weeks interestingly. So I'll be watching him next year in GP2.

See our F1 related articles too!