FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

From your dishwasher to F1 memorabilia, advertise here! For regulars only.
Hi all,

First of all, thanks to Stephen for allowing me to tell you a little bit about Casio's new F1 inspired watch.

In order to celebrate Sebastian Vettel’s success as Formula 1’s youngest ever Grand Prix winner, we wanted to create something that could capture the essence of his perfectly timed manoeuvres and near faultless driving. So we came up with the EDIFICE EQW-M1000-SV-1AER – a motorsport inspired timepiece.

The watch takes inspiration from the Red Bull F1 team, and is designed in red, blue and yellow. It also boasts a relief-like 3D design that displays its inner workings, and it all arrives encased in solid steel with Vettel’s signature and logos engraved.

There's only 100 available to buy at either the Casio store on Carnaby Street, London or H.Samuel online (they cost £350). They come in a bespoke gift package that includes an autographed picture of Vettel and an exclusive helmet shaped badge.

We'd really like to know what you make of the watch (see attached); what do you think of the design / idea / price etc?

Let me know!

Cally :yes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not that excited by the design, I like Breitling navitimers so I prefer more classic, functional looking pieces but the price is very reasonable for what is likely to become quite a collectible watch.
they would make millions$$$ if they made a hamilton watch lol. Vettel is great dont get me wrong, but hamilton has a huge fan base to bank on lol
Hi all!

Thanks for all your comments so far.

I guess what we're really interested in is what you make of the collaboration between watches and motorsports, and your general first impressions of the Vettel timepiece.

Just some further info for you - the watch uses radio controlled Wave Ceptor technology and is updated up to six times a day from international radio transmitters. This results in the most precise atomic timekeeping. It also keeps time for 29 cities worldwide.

Additional functionality includes a 1/20 second stopwatch, full automatic calendar, solar rechargable power cell and tachymeter.

Thanks for your thoughts - keep them coming! :thumbup:

Cally
TBH I would never pay £350 for a watch, as my watch is always with me and gets bounced around and beaten.

The design of the watch is nice but nothing new and exciting which I would expect from a new and exciting driver like SV.

I like the idea of the watch. I was hoping that the Honda F1 watches would of come down in price when they went bust but they never did :-(

Any good luck with the project.
Hi all!

Thanks for all your comments so far.

I guess what we're really interested in is what you make of the collaboration between watches and motorsports, and your general first impressions of the Vettel timepiece.

Just some further info for you - the watch uses radio controlled Wave Ceptor technology and is updated up to six times a day from international radio transmitters. This results in the most precise atomic timekeeping. It also keeps time for 29 cities worldwide.

Additional functionality includes a 1/20 second stopwatch, full automatic calendar, solar rechargable power cell and tachymeter.

Thanks for your thoughts - keep them coming! :thumbup:

Cally

Wave ceptor is good when it works - sometimes it doesn't :(

I think watches and motor sports are a good combo, timekeeping is key in motorsports and I've always felt that the branded timekeeping seen in the F1 TV coverage is a particularly good piece of marketing.

I think watches and motor sports are a good combo, timekeeping is key in motorsports and I've always felt that the branded timekeeping seen in the F1 TV coverage is a particularly good piece of marketing.

Certainly that is true. I mean take that other commercial Lewis was in with Steve McQueen.
they would make millions$$$ if they made a hamilton watch lol. Vettel is great dont get me wrong, but hamilton has a huge fan base to bank on lol

You can buy a Lewis Hamilton watch. He is sponsord by Tag Huer. Its here.
http://www.thewatchhut.co.uk/tag-heuer/ ... lton-Watch.

I prefer BRM watches myself. I own one. Check these out
http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/brm.asp?type=27

They also do BRAWN watches, made by the watchmaker Grahams
http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/watches-li ... =1&type=23

And limited edition Silverstone
http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/watches-li ... =1&type=23

Expensive but awesome limited edition timepeices
i would personally never buy it, i dont like branded items like that, plus they are mega expensive, but i gess it isnt targeted at me and the like

its nice, nothing amazing, and obv price is ridiculous cause of the name
Didn't know what i posted was ilegal, sorry :confused:

Some of those watches were actually very good quality. Made from titanium and carbon fibre. Not to mention they are automatic no need for batterys. Very precise, waterproof, light weight.

Thats just a few perks. :)
Despite being a HUGE Vettel fan - I wouldn't buy this. Apart from the fact that it's a mens watch and it'd be ridiculously HUGE on my wrist, it's too expensive for me. Though I have to say that the signed photo and the badge are great little additions! If anything, that's why I would buy this lol.
As for the design, for a guy's watch it's pretty nice - I would consider buying something like that for my boyfriend.

Make a smaller and cheaper girl version and I'd be tempted :hehe:

Btw, I hope it's not plagued by puffs of blue smoke like that RBR cars :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!