FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Marco
Looks like there will be a number of quality drivers without drives in 2007. Villeneuve isn't likely to find another raceseat, although I understand he has a singing career now. :roll: Could we also see others like Massa, Klien or Barrichello without a drive?

I suppose there is hope for real talent further down the grid, or perhaps an opportunity to return with ProDrive F1 in 2008 who are tipped to be quick out of the box.
By certom
i think Barrichello is making some good things in second half of this year...i think we'll see him in Honda next year... i suppose that Schumi will retire (sigh! :cry: ) and we'll see Massa in Ferrari (with Kimi), he's improving his performance too...
Klien has no chance he's out of the game...i have never liked it as a driver...

what do you think about Liuzzi? i think he deserves going to another team, but Red Bull seats are all occupied for 2007...maybe in 2008....
By R00DIT
Well Liuzzi didn't help his chances with his little incident with Kimi in Hungary. Seems a reasonably solid driver, has overtaken Coulthard many times this year (got to love that v10). I disagree that Klien is crap, he's showed promise, but he's like Fisichella/Trulli in some ways, days of brilliance mixed with days of needing driving lessons. And i'm gutted to see JV go. :cry:
By Selcouth_Feline
It wasn't really Liuzzi's fault though...he was trying to help Kimi out and Kimi didn't realise. 50/50 accident I'd say....
By certom
i have read that kimi was looking in the mirror at that moment...don't know whose fault, but until he comes to ferrari, he can do everything with mclaren.... :)
i hope he won't do the same in ferrari!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
By michelle
tbh i'd really like to see massa stay at ferrari, in my opinion i think he is doing fairly well, yes people may say that he has the equipment but i also believe it takes driver quality and in my eyes massa is proven his self :)
By certom
yes but...i can't explain, but he need something to be a real good pilot...after all, he gained only a few podiums.... many things have been said on Barrichello, but i think he was better in the role of the servant....i mean, the second pilot.... :D
By michelle
yeah i do agree with you in some respect but when thing were not going Barrichello's way he had a habit of spitting his dummy out :o
By Stephen
yeah i do agree with you in some respect but when thing were not going Barrichello's way he had a habit of spitting his dummy out :o

Barrichello is an odity of F1, he's had a great deal of pressure from the media in Brazil to become the next Senna, has possibly the most embarrassing podium celebration dance in history and sometimes just asks to be beaten with a wet fish! :roll:
By Selcouth_Feline
has possibly the most embarrassing podium celebration dance in history

What's more embarrassing - bad dancing, or being made to wear a cape :)
By certom
sometimes just asks to be beaten with a wet fish! :roll:

huh?!? what you mean??
By Marco
How many years do you think Coulthard has left? He must be mid-thirties by now, and after 12 years in F1...
By logan
Well i'm new here but me too like watching F1 as you all do ..... Well about the teams next season i would really want Shumi to stay, he's been very solid this year and is showing no signs of dotage..infact he can very well be the champion for the record 8'th time..

Well i also had one more thing to ask , what do you guys think about the suddenimprovement in Renault car compared to Ferrari...was it just the Michelen wet tyres that were gripping better than the Bridgestone or was it genuine development in the Renault car?..I hope it's just the wet tyres ...
By Stephen
Welcome Logan! :D

Yeah, would be good to see Schumi race again in 2007, especially alongside Kimi (if the rumours are true) - I honestly believe that in years to come we'll be able to look back at this period in F1 and overlook the indiscretions of the 7, 8, 9 times World Champion.

As for the gap between Ferrari and Renault, I simply don't see that the Renault is any faster than the Ferrari. Remember qualifying? Alonso punched the air at the end of his qualifying lap in the second session, he thought he had pulled off the perfect lap. However, with same conditions, the Ferrari was 4 tenths quicker over a lap - an absolute age in F1. During the race rain tyres really stuffed the chances of Ferrari, and Michelin was the tyre to be on. If the rain was any heavier though, the Michelin runners would have had to try the experimental, and untested, full wet - giving the advantage back to Bridgestone runners.

Anyway, for the next GP I would be surprised to see Renault more competitive than Ferrari or even McLaren. Bridgestone though will be hoping for a dry race! ;)
By Selcouth_Feline
Well i'm new here but me too like watching F1 as you all do .....

Hello :) *waves*

Well i also had one more thing to ask , what do you guys think about the suddenimprovement in Renault car compared to Ferrari...was it just the Michelen wet tyres that were gripping better than the Bridgestone or was it genuine development in the Renault car?..I hope it's just the wet tyres ...

I think it was just the tyres. I'm sure I saw Schumacher spinning off the track during the race at one point? As the track dried, his times looked like they were starting to improve until, of course, they completely disintegrated and then he took himself out the race ;)

Does anyone know if the Renault's were running with their dampers or not? I thought after the race before, they had decided that they would as the stewards had said that they were fine, however a couple of days before the race, I heard that they weren't running the dampers. If they weren't running the dampers, they must have made some significant improvements because they were definitely back on the pace during the week!

huh?!? what you mean??

Heh, I think this is quite an English expression. If you are exasperated with someone, or they've done something they shouldn't have but you aren't really very angry with them, you say you want to "slap them with a wet fish". I have absolutely no idea where this came from, or why you'd ever want to slap someone with a fish (anyone tried it?! :shock::D )

See our F1 related articles too!