FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Stephen
Updated 06/09/06

Red indicates confimed drivers for 2007.

Ferrari (Will confirm around Monza GP)
---------
Candidates include Schumacher M or Massa, and Kimi

McLaren
---------
Alonso
Gary Paffett, Lewis Hamilton, De La Rosa, Kimi, Massa

Renault
---------
Fisichella
Heikki Kovalainen

Toyota
---------
Trulli
Schumacher R.

Williams
---------
Wurz
Rosberg

BMW
---------
Kubica, Heidfield

Honda
---------
Button
Barrichello

Redbull Racing
---------
Coulthard
Webber

The smaller teams are harder to predict as paid for drives could swing decisions. Please update this if you see an error or get news of a change! :wink:
Last edited by Stephen on 06 Sep 06, 12:47, edited 2 times in total.
By Selcouth_Feline
Redbull have now confirmed Webber (not something I would have predicted, but I guess as the car's going to be designed by Newey next year, it's a good move!) and Couthard. Not sure what's going to happen to Klien....not too sure he will get a drive next season?
By Stephen
Driver list updated, does anyone know what's happening with Barrichello?
By bud
Kimi still might stay on at McLaren as i see you havent got him mentioned in the List for Mclaren drivers next year :wink:
By Evaneoun
Personally I think Mclaren may be the team to beat next season so Kimi staying there could be his best chance to win the championship. Really suprised Renault kept Fisi, didn't seem very ambitious.

Which of the rookies do you think will keep a seat? Speed staying at Toro Rosso maybe?
By Selcouth_Feline
I'm sure I've heard somewhere that Speed has alreadybeen given a seat at Toro Rosso next season, although I can't remember where I heard it....I was really surprised because he hasn't impressed me at all this season.
By darwin dali
Berger said something to that effect, yes.
By certom
yeah, it's quite sure that Speed will stay there..i'm on the same opinion, Liuzzi has done almost better than him, but all the Red Bull seats were occupied...Red Bull has heaps of nice pilots, but without JV and JPM, there would have been no american in F1, so i think they've chosen for this reason...
By darwin dali
JV and JPM Americans? OUCH! Careful certom! :wink:
By certom
bell, "american" means "citizen of the continent America"...then i don't know why the US citizens are called americans...however, i meant the first meaning!
By darwin dali
It's like if we had a Lebanese driver to say we have an Asian driver, while he probably would think of himself as Arab or Lebanese or Hezbollah or whatever. :)
By bud
JV North American

JPM Central American

how about that DD? :P

and on that note DD what of a turkish driver? they like to claim euro status when geographically they are apart of the Middle east (Asia) :P
By darwin dali
Turkey is both, Asian and European (parts of the country are on the European continent geographically - and they desperately want to become a EU member).
Your nomenclature for JV and JPM works fine, because that indicates a more general use of the term 'American'. Without the qualifiers (north, central - which I would replace with south, since Columbia is commonly viewed as part of South America) American commonly means US American and I'm sure neither of the two would want to be called that...
By bud
Ahh the turks! one tiny part of it is European and they want to be in the EU.their ties culturally and geographically are majority wise arabic! :roll:

Driver line up news, Piquet Jnr may have just signed a ten year deal with Flavio's management company! maybe see him in a renault testing postion in 07?
By certom
not driver changes, but circuit changes: in 2007 there will be only 17 GPs (sigh!), only Nürburgring and Monza, without Hockenheim and Imola, and will return Spa...

See our F1 related articles too!