FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By certom
Anyone has something to say? I don't know where to start from....anyway, i've been really excited, better than having umpalumpa... :shock:
GP2 race exciting too....
congratulations to button, de la rosa and heidfeld...i wait for Turkey, three long weeks..................
By schumi
Very exciting race to watch, plenty of hard luck stories but it made for great viewing. It sure will be a long wait for Turkey, fingers crossed Alonso will be the turkey!!
By Marco
Yes, lets hope Alonslow is the Turkey then!

But what about today, Schumacher was a fool to put his car in such dangerous positions - he could have easily closed the gap to Alonso with a fourth/fifth position.

Great race, wish Kimi had stayed in but i have a feeling he was beginning to have car issues when he crashed out. He said something in the interview about about to let Pedro past, odd?
By certom
i know that he said that it was his fail, he was looking in the mirrors when suddenly he crashed...it's a pity for Tonio Liuzzi, in his bithday...
but anyone knows what happened to schumi? First i thought he broke the suspension, but then they say that the (how do you call it? steering arm? well, the thing that let the wheel turn) has broken...
By Selcouth_Feline
Maybe Kimi was on a different fuel strategy and was going to let PDR past as he knew he was quicker at that time? Either way, it's a shame he crashed out like that :(

Schumi played dirty and got what he deserved....he should've just let Heidfeld past...any points would have been better than none!
By manbitesdog
good to see jb get his first win in the bag hope he can go on and win some more points alonso and shum will get to battle some other time cant wait for turkey :D
By Stephen
Totally, could this be the turning point. I remember Hakkinen getting his first win in 1997, he then went on to win the next championship with McLaren in 1998!

So manbitesdog, where did you find the site? :)
By manbitesdog
just picked it of the world wideweb looked at some others to many bloody foreigners this wasthe 1 for me :D
By Selcouth_Feline
Well, welcome :)
Given you are from bonny Scotland, are you a DC fan?
By manbitesdog
thank you for your wellcome aye iam a DC fan any home talent gets my support :D
By Selcouth_Feline
Oooh, well, it looks like I got my facts wrong!

Schumi has been given a point after all (according to this morning's paper anyway).
He was classfied ninth, after having problems with his track rods (looks like the 4 second a lap slowness was not solely down to tyres then....) but Robert Kubica was disqualified because of an under-weight BMW-Sauber meaning Schumi was pushed up into 8th place hence he gained a point. Personally, I don't see how he could have got a point as that car was well and truly out of the race and there were still other cars running!

certom - as above, looks like it was the track rods. Whether he had this problem before he had his tangle with Heidfeld, I don't know....

Anyway, Alonso's lead has been cut to 10 points....not sure I want to guess who is going to win the championship this season!
By certom
schumi was classified ninth(and trulli classified too) because when he retired, the race was 90% over, and he had 3 laps of advantage, i think, on monteiro, so he got a point...anyway, no one knows if he had that problem before his tangle, he said it was his fault, he never gives up the battle and he is not a "calculating person", it's in his dna.... i think we'll all miss this man once he retires...

ten points more...5 races...if schumi wins all the races...eheh... :D great dream, right? :roll:
By darwin dali
Anyone has something to say? I don't know where to start from....anyway, i've been really excited, better than having umpalumpa... :shock:
GP2 race exciting too....
congratulations to button, de la rosa and heidfeld...i wait for Turkey, three long weeks..................

Sorry, was busy all weekend with umpalumpa with my new girlfriend...
Just watched the tivo'd race today and found it very exciting, but surely not better than having umpalumpa :mrgreen:
By darwin dali
Ouch! But he's still young and may improve with age... :twisted:

See our F1 related articles too!