FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By RA Dunk
The fact of the matter is that Top Gear is meant to be about reviewing cars in a fun and watchable way.

But they do? :confused:

Instead, Clarkson and his acolytes have hijacked the show and are using their six-figure salaries (paid through our licence fees, by the way) to have fun.

I wouldent say they have Hijacked the show they dont own it or run it or even direct it, Their bosses will tell them what they can and cant do, Fair enough they have cashed in on it but if i had been in their shoes i would have done the same thing
By Gaz
It was amusing enough, but I was hardly in stitches. Sadly, too many people are easily pleased, liking Top Gear's pre-rehearsed jokes. But that is beside the point; you could put on a film, call it Top Gear, and still enjoy watching it. The fact of the matter is that Top Gear is meant to be about reviewing cars in a fun and watchable way. Instead, Clarkson and his acolytes have hijacked the show and are using their six-figure salaries (paid through our licence fees, by the way) to have fun.

Soloution:
you should write a letter, to points of view, or simply not watch it.
By McLaren Fan
But they do? :confused:

No, not as they used to do. Now, we see a muck-about session with undertones of road testing.

you should write a letter, to points of view, or simply not watch it.

I don't watch it any more; it was just on the television in the background this evening, whilst I was doing something else. However, not watching the show is not a solution. I'm paying a licence fee, of which almost all goes to the BBC, to watch shabby programming, whose "star" presenters are on more money per year than I'll make in a life time for doing nothing special.
By Gaz
i rarley watch Johnathan Ross and he's paid alot but i't don't bother me so much because people do watch him and enjoy his show

look mate if you don't like it just write to the BBC otherwise don't watch it

I think the shows great, i was laughing my head off though the ad feature.
By EwanM
Compared to the other episodes, tonight was the best of the series.

It was interesting to review the "Holdens" :hehe:

Although some people were disappointed with the ending, I actually liked it. It really did strike a chord. I mean most people expected the review to be another joke... but Top Gear is so much more than that.

I do agree, it is more of an entertainment show, the biggest show on BBC2. And many of those viewers are not car enthusiasts, they simply enjoy the light humour and the numerous features that the show has to offer.

I mean take the final scenes, the cinematography was absolutely superb. It really is a well edited show, the production and filming team do a great job, regardless of what you think of the presenters or what they script and get up to.
By RA Dunk

I mean take the final scenes, the cinematography was absolutely superb. .

you mean this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AKs0Iv9H78 such an odd ending for top gear though, first time i seen it i wasnt overly keen but watching it again and ive realised its superb
By EwanM

I mean take the final scenes, the cinematography was absolutely superb. .

you mean this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AKs0Iv9H78 such an odd ending for top gear though, first time i seen it i wasnt overly keen but watching it again and ive realised its superb

Yes watch the camera work, as Clarkson drives and outside the windows the scenery changes, amazing!
Small touches like that.
By EwanM
Even the shots of the flowers overlaid with the car traveling.
Or the Deer running from across the road once the Aston goes past. Amazing really.
By EwanM

what was the review?

Think it was the Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst S edition? and the Bute version?
By bud

what was the review?

ahh yeah, they sell utes there? what was Clarkson saying now about the colonies cars?
By EwanM

what was the review?

ahh yeah, they sell utes there? what was Clarkson saying now about the colonies cars?

utes, that was it sorry. Well it was Hammond doing the review and they all actually like the cars.
By EwanM
They were comparing the two to typical businessmen cars and how they are boring compared to the Holden.

Noice, they like my car! I have a SS Ute! Its short for Utility. We dont call them trucks here like Americans do. :D

Yeah Hammond was saying they were created because some woman once wrote to ford asking for a vehicle that she could take to church on a sunday and the pigs to market on a monday.
Is that true?
By EwanM
Hammond: "Bathurst is a place where every year Ford and Holden fans travel to fight each other... and every so often a race breaks out." :rofl:

See our F1 related articles too!