FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.

No1 British Driver Ever?

Sterling Moss
7%
Jackie Stewart
31%
Damon Hill/Graham Hill
5%
Nigel Mansell
12%
John Surtees
No votes
0%
Jenson Button
3%
David Coulthard
7%
Jim Clark
29%
James Hunt
3%
Mike Hawthorn
3%
Who has been the best British driver in F1 history?

(Only allowed so many opitions) :(

Drivers who couldn't be put up:

Martin Brundle
Johnny Herbert
John Watson
and Other :P
By bud
All the Scots at the top of the list ofcourse :P
By McLaren Fan
Tough question. There are several people who could really be chosen. I won't vote, at least until I've had a really good think about the matter.

However, the fact Button is up is a laugh and why are Damon and Graham Hill put together? Graham was in a different class from his son.
By darwin dali
British, eh?
It's funny how suddenly they are British. In football they are Scots, Welsh, English, Northern Irish - I've always wondered why the Brits are allowed to have 4 sides while everybody else has only one. I don't know of another sport that gives them this unfair privilege - anybody?
By Lewis Hamilton - COME ON!
British, eh?
It's funny how suddenly they are British. In football they are Scots, Welsh, English, Northern Irish - I've always wondered why the Brits are allowed to have 4 sides while everybody else has only one. I don't know of another sport that gives them this unfair privilege - anybody?

well its polictics - yawn

wales, N.Ireland, scotland are ruled by The Queen, but they have there own govement, thus there own FA, its crazy...maybe i should ask my political friend in skool about it...as he'll know alot more about it than i would LOl
By darwin dali
Yeah, I know it's politics and history and I could swallow it if it was throughout all sports, but only in football? Or are there more? Like rugby, cricket and other weird activities the Brits enjoy?

And besides, those governments you mention are not any more independent than most regional governments that may exist in other countries. So, e.g., Quebec should have their own football side?
Yeah, I know it's politics and history and I could swallow it if it was throughout all sports, but only in football? Or are there more? Like rugby, cricket and other weird activities the Brits enjoy?

And besides, those governments you mention are not any more independent than most regional governments that may exist in other countries. So, e.g., Quebec should have their own football side?

quebec is part of Canada, Scotland is part of the Great Britian, GB rules over Scotland, Wales & Ireland

Rugby: in union, there isnt a UK or GB, but in "League" there is a GB
Motorracin: they are classed under UK
soccer: (man i hate that term): they each have there own FA so go figure
Athletics: they are classed as B, but with a UK flag

better yet wikipedia it...i dont kno WHAT to wikipedia..but i dont want to waste leik 20 mins typin something you can just wiki!

lazy i'm a lazy S.O.B.
By Irv the Swerve
Tough question. There are several people who could really be chosen. I won't vote, at least until I've had a really good think about the matter.

However, the fact Button is up is a laugh and why are Damon and Graham Hill put together? Graham was in a different class from his son.

Only could put 10 up for the poll, so i stuck the two Hill's together and Button...well. :wink:
By Irv the Swerve
HAHA yeah...he's missed one person out Eddie Irvine LOL

Eddie himself might count that he is British but here in the Republic we always recognized that he was Irish. N.I is still Ireland only difference that it is under British rule.

Eddie himself might count that he is British but here in the Republic we always recognized that he was Irish. N.I is still Ireland only difference that it is under British rule.

i was jokin!!!!!!!!!!111111111
By Irv the Swerve

I know you were, just making a point. :D:P

I know you were, just making a point. :D:P

typical irish...always bein seriuous when a joke is made

See our F1 related articles too!