FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss equipment & technique - show-off your photography here!
By EwanM
So the other day I just happened to be walking past my national stadium when I spotted that Bruce Springsteen and the E street band were playing... :P

So I decided to queue... but then the rain came...

I tried to hide in the toilets, but they were s***...

Finally the rain stopped and so to pass the time we decided to deface an American Flag (in a positive way though of course)

"Yeah"

Sadly once we got inside the rain came back on, so the flag had to be used as a canopy...

Luckily The Boss and the E Street Band soon emerged. "f*** the rain"

Again sorry for the crappy quality. I must buy a proper camera... or will I just hold out until Xmas?

"I know where you live..."

Then it got dark over Hampden

The End...
By EwanM
how convenient huh :hehe: looks like you had fun!

Oh yeah, on the way back home we were driving past Turnberry and thought about stopping by. Maybe shoot some holes with Tiger, give Boo Weakley our Boss American Flag. :hehe:

Either that or do doughnuts all over the first green :rofl:

But yes the boss was awesome. Who would have thought he invited 55,000 people along just so he could play for me? :hehe:
By bud
55K? thats a nice smallish gathering of friends just playing guitar singing some songs... having a good time, sounds like fun!
By EwanM
55K? thats a nice smallish gathering of friends just playing guitar singing some songs... having a good time, sounds like fun!

hahah :hehe: In my dreams i'd ever have a thousandth of that number for friends. :hehe:

But yeah it was a great night, Springsteen hadn't been in Scotland for 13 years, so he was as well to wait :hehe:
By EwanM
Dude thats so sick!!! Did he play Born in the USA?? :P

Na no Born in the USA. I suppose he is happy with the current American political system and has no reason to slam it. Also Springsteen is more than that staple song as you'll know.

Man there were alot of young people at the gig, like when the cameras looked over the crowd I spotted a few from my uni I've seen about my Uni.

Also some attractive girls infront of me... for hours... I could not talk to em :banghead:
By Rivelution

Na no Born in the USA. I suppose he is happy with the current American political system and has no reason to slam it. Also Springsteen is more than that staple song as you'll know.

Man there were alot of young people at the gig, like when the cameras looked over the crowd I spotted a few from my uni I've seen about my Uni.

Also some attractive girls infront of me... for hours... I could not talk to em :banghead:

I know he is more than that song, but I thought it would be funny if he played that in Scotland :hehe: Because we know how much you Brits love Americans :P
By EwanM

I know he is more than that song, but I thought it would be funny if he played that in Scotland :hehe: Because we know how much you Brits love Americans :P

:hehe: I gettt it. Na Boss fans like myself would have been quite peed if he appeared forced to play it. Esp to the drunken tag alongs...

I quite like America, esp with my new national flag design.
"What time is it? It's Boss time" 8-)
By stonemonkey
Also Springsteen is more than that staple song as you'll know.

Indeed, and there's more than I thought too.

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/songs/index.html

Personally, I'm not too keen on his stuff from Tunnel of love onwards but would've loved to be at hampden for that, caught a bit of his set from glastonbury on telly which was pretty cool.
By EwanM
Also Springsteen is more than that staple song as you'll know.

Indeed, and there's more than I thought too.

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/songs/index.html

Personally, I'm not too keen on his stuff from Tunnel of love onwards but would've loved to be at hampden for that, caught a bit of his set from glastonbury on telly which was pretty cool.

I understand what you mean. I do like "Tougher than the Rest" off the Tunnel of Love album though. However Human Touch and Lucky Town aren't the best.

For all it's cheese The Rising is alright.

I do like Magic and Working on a Dream. I realise it isn't classic Springsteen, but they still are good albums.

See our F1 related articles too!