FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By R00DIT
Bl00dy hell, that was some lap by Kimi. Excusing the trip through the gravel at 150mph he was in a different class in qualifying. I just hope he isn't stopping on lap five for fuel!!!

Nice to see Alonso at the back, but what happened? I understand Renault were damp in previous races?
By schumi
great to watch but it's hard believe Kimi has that much pace. Is Alonso starting to feel the pressure? if he's not he may well be before the weekend is over. Should be an exciting race tomorrow with KR in front of MS and FA under pressure to get his fast start cause if he doesn't then he's in a world of hurt. Can't wait :lol:
By Selcouth_Feline
Let's hope Kimi actually finishes the race this year then ;)
I'm really happy that Renault seem to have lost their dominance in the past couple of races. I wonder if today's performance (or lack of) was mainly down to their loss of the dampeners, or whether there were other factors involved....I guess we'll see tomorrow! C'mon Kimi!!
By Stephen
I understand Renault were damp in previous races?

They weren't damp, they've been told not to run dampeners! LOL

Anyway, well done Kimi, still hoping to see him at Ferrari. Can't wait for the race tomorrow. :)
By certom
I don't think that the cause of the performance of renault is the loss of the dumpers, because they give some advantage on circuits like monza, or silverstone...i rather think that michelin, due to its retire at the end of this year, is not making progress... anyway, i've heard today that starting from 2007, there will be only one grand prix in germany per year, so the next year will be the turn of nurburgring, in2008 of hockenheim, etc... i hope that the won't do the same with monza and imola....

i can't wait for the race!! i hope that ferrari will not throw away a chance like this!!!!
By darwin dali
Bl00dy hell, that was some lap by Kimi. Excusing the trip through the gravel at 150mph he was in a different class in qualifying.

Not sure what you mean: he was what, less than 1 and a half tenth faster than MS, which hardly qualifies as being in his own class. No one knows what the fuel load was, plus his agricultural excursion doesn't instill confidence either.
By Stephen
Not sure what you mean: he was what, less than 1 and a half tenth faster than MS, which hardly qualifies as being in his own class. No one knows what the fuel load was, plus his agricultural excursion doesn't instill confidence either.

A good point, well made! :twisted:
By schumi
maybe i'm getting a little excited but if we get a poor show from FA today we may actually have a decent climax to the season, something i think the sport badly wants right now.Michael Schumacher eight times world champion, it rolls so easy off my tongue COME ON SCHUMI!!!!
By bud
Exciting climaxes in races not in the overall season is what F1 needs! Two guys fighting for the lead!
By schumi
shrub that was a whole post without insulting Schumacher or calling into question his fathers sexual preference, are you okay?

See our F1 related articles too!