FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By EwanM
If anyone lets off fireworks near my tent again I will be seriously pissed. Felt like I was in the trenches.

Wasn't the fireworks that pissed me off but the group of guys in the tents next to me playing their frikkin' music, laughing, shouting and talking (LOUDLY) about stuff I really didn't want to hear about until 2am - when I needed to be up at 3:45 in the morning! I seriously contemplated 'accidentally' scratching their cars with my tent poles when I was taking everything down.

I just put on my portable radio with earphones and listened to radio Silverstone that got me to sleep, I also chose the quietest corner of Windmill Farm to pitch up my tent.

:O Why didn't you come to say hello?

Also don't get me started on Radio Silverstone :banghead:
By racechick
If anyone lets off fireworks near my tent again I will be seriously pissed. Felt like I was in the trenches.

Wasn't the fireworks that pissed me off but the group of guys in the tents next to me playing their frikkin' music, laughing, shouting and talking (LOUDLY) about stuff I really didn't want to hear about until 2am - when I needed to be up at 3:45 in the morning! I seriously contemplated 'accidentally' scratching their cars with my tent poles when I was taking everything down.

I just put on my portable radio with earphones and listened to radio Silverstone that got me to sleep, I also chose the quietest corner of Windmill Farm to pitch up my tent.

Yeah Why didnt you come and say hello?? It was an open invitation!! :thumbup:
By SimonB
Anyone camp at Whittlebury? They said on the Saturday at the Red Bull party there would be a Red Bull F1 car on site, But all that turned up were the 2 red bull matador stunt planes which were quite impressive anyway.
By racechick
Anyone camp at Whittlebury? They said on the Saturday at the Red Bull party there would be a Red Bull F1 car on site, But all that turned up were the 2 red bull matador stunt planes which were quite impressive anyway.

AH! is that what they were!! We saw them from windmill but didnt know what they were. They were very impressive.
By headless
Whats wrong with Radio Silverstone?
By EwanM
Whats wrong with Radio Silverstone?

They wouldnt answer my calls and they had competition questions to win great prizes. And the questions were usually simple.

What also annoyed me was they were giving Autograph session tickets to people when they phoned up and got on air, only if they told interesting stories about their time at Silverstone.

Some were so bad, like this one person had just dropped chocolate cake all over the floor! Some other guy got 4 tickets cause he told the DJ's he came to silverstone in the back of a white van.

Now come on, I have better crappy stories if they want, but I wanted to talk proper F1 and who i'vemet.
Nt "Oh they must have thought we were illegal or summit"
By headless
I just couldn't get a good signal for it in the car.
I was quite interested by what I heard.
By SimonB

AH! is that what they were!! We saw them from windmill but didnt know what they were. They were very impressive.

Yeah! i couldnt believe how close they were flying together and some of the moves they did i didnt think were possible in a plane! :eek:
By Frosty

Yeah Why didn't you come and say hello?? It was an open invitation!! :thumbup:

Sorry I would of liked to. Was just very busy in the run up to the weekend and forgot to ask about if anyone was meeting up. Maybe next year? I really hope it is at Silverstone again the Atmosphere was brilliant! As Jackie Stewart said 'Bernie hasn't got the balls to drop Silverstone'

See our F1 related articles too!