FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By austintyler
I have a chance to go to a Grand Prix for the first time. My choices are Canada, Belgium or Italy. Which track would be the best to go to if it were to be my last F1 race? Which track is best for spectating, which GP has the best crowd turnout, importance etc.
Any input is greatly appreciated, thank you

Austin
By Irv the Swerve
Welcome Austin. :D

A couple of members went to the Canadian GP so they should give you more details on that GP.

For me it would be Monza, just for the fact that its Tifosi homeground but I wouldn't mind going to Spa either. :wink:
By certom
hi austin introduce yourself in the right area so everyone can welcome you! :D

obviously monza ;)
By Stephen
Spa is a great track, but I don't know of a place with better atmosphere than Monza. Wear a McLaren shirt to the Italian Grand Prix to fully experience the Tifosi passion! :D
By 8-ball
i'd love to go to a grand prix one day but as a student money is tight. It was £96 to go to the british grand prix weekend!
By Selcouth_Feline
What about Monaco? I'd like to go because it's so unique. I should think horrendously expensive though....
By stonemonkey
I've not been to any of them, only one I've been to is Silverstone so I might be talking crap.

Spa is fantastic on the TV but I have my doubts about what it would be like to visit with the exception of 2 or 3 locations around the (very long) track. Just my opinion and someone who's actually been there might say differently.

Canada is usually an eventful race with a lot of action all round the track with close racing, Monza can be too but sometimes but I feel the racing itself can be a little dull, no doubt a great atmosphere there though.
By austintyler
Wow, thank you for all the input! Keep em coming please!
By darwin dali
The Canadian GP was a great experience - lots of action (RK's shunt right in front of us) and the Canadians are all so fuking nice :D
Bonus: it's not held somewhere in the boondocks like some of the races - it's in the middle of one of the greatest cities in the world!
By 7UpJordan
Silverstone's the place to be now Lewis-mania has caught on. :)
By McLaren Fan
Brazil used to generate a tremendous atmosphere with the locals banging their drums etc., however, since Senna died, the place has never been the same. I've never been but that's from somebody who has.

Spa was voted the fan's favourite Formula One track to visit a few years ago. Get a deck chair and sit a La Source or Eau Rouge. :D
By ferraribird
I've only been to the BGP but if I had the opportunity I'd go to any and every race I could. For preference out of these three...Italy...no, Canada...no, Italy...no, excuse me, Cana...oh, I can't choose!
By 7UpJordan
I'd like to go to Monaco, with my own yacht parked up in the harbour, soaking up the sun watching the TV and the cars all the way from the tunnel exit to the rascasse with a cold bottle of Champagne and some sexy lasses in bikinis attending to my "every need". :P
By darwin dali
Uh...yes...dream on silly boy.
By perch
I'd like to go to Monaco, with my own yacht parked up in the harbour, soaking up the sun watching the TV and the cars all the way from the tunnel exit to the rascasse with a cold bottle of Champagne and some sexy lasses in bikinis attending to my "every need". :P

Been there, Done that.

*wakes up*

I would do Spa. Love that track.

See our F1 related articles too!