FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Undecided where to stay, ive narrowed it down to Windmills Campsite or Litchlake.

Ive heard that the Windmills is quiet and Litchlake abit more lively?

Can anyone suggest which would be best, i would liek to go somewhere fairly lively where people are having a beer etc?

Also how far are these 2 away from the pub and beer tent?

Not long to go now!!!!!!!
Ive only ever camped at windmils. Its an easy walk to the pub in Silverstone village, or you can walk round the track to the fair and the marquees.(opposite directions so its one or the other). Though there are other pubs in walking distance.Dont no about the other campsite. I think which ever you chose folk will be having a beer or two or three or four. :drink: or wine
By happygolucky
Hey everyone!

as usual ive left it last minute, but my partner and i have decided to camp this year at silverstone to make it more into a weekend then driving on the road 6 hours a day!

does any one know which is the best place to camp thats fun and has toilets and showers and a great fun lively atmosphere?!

its my partners birthday on the Sunday so i just want to stay somewhere thats fun so we can have a drink and party

thanks for your help everyone!! :wavey:
By scotty
Hey everyone!

as usual ive left it last minute, but my partner and i have decided to camp this year at silverstone to make it more into a weekend then driving on the road 6 hours a day!

does any one know which is the best place to camp thats fun and has toilets and showers and a great fun lively atmosphere?!

its my partners birthday on the Sunday so i just want to stay somewhere thats fun so we can have a drink and party

thanks for your help everyone!! :wavey:

Have a look through the British GP thread :wink::)
By racechick
You want showers??? :rofl::rofl: Not windmills then :hehe: Google Silverstone camping and you'll get all the sites and facilities listed.
By happygolucky
well it would be a nice thing to know that there are showers there if needed but seeing as we are only staying for one night im sure we can sweat it out.. haha
By racechick
well it would be a nice thing to know that there are showers there if needed but seeing as we are only staying for one night im sure we can sweat it out.. haha

Most have showers, even windmills(Not many in the case of windmills, and not luxury!) Take body wipes!!
By lawsathome
Hiya - This is my first year at Silverstone for my birthday and unfortunately due to slack friend pulling out at last minute i'm going to be camping on my own for a couple of nights - can anyone recommend which campsites are good for solos - I'll be travelling up on Thurs night.
Thanks
By Chris_0648
From a financial perspective you'd probably be best off looking at the ones which charge per person - Lithclake and Windmills are the two to my knowledge. From there, it's a case of choosing the one which suits your needs best - Litchlake is slightly more party atmosphered and Windmills better for proximity to circuit, but I'm sure you'll meet a ton of people where ever you end up.
Yes, stayed there in 2005 Grand Prix,definitely lively,they have a few food and beer stalls,going again this year just packing now,fill your cool box with cans(and a bit of food ) and your done
Facilities are Ok, Toilet and Shower blocks but you may have to queue till late at night for a shower,dont expect to get much sleep till early morning though,have fun
By headless
Litchlake is slightly more party atmosphered and

PARTTTY!
By burneyk
chis_0648

i am also camping on my own, i am camping at windmills i think. i am arriving early fri morning. Look out for a silver suzuki swift and thats me if you fancy a beer.
By texasmr2
chis_0648

i am also camping on my own, i am camping at windmills i think. i am arriving early fri morning. Look out for a silver suzuki swift and thats me if you fancy a beer.

You guys should exchange cell #'s so you can meetup as that is what I do with new friends at new events?

See our F1 related articles too!