:eek:

its alright, i drink it, but i prefer single malt scotch though :wink:
By Gaz
yuck warm beer, its bad enough cold :hehe:

you don't like beer?

I just thought you really liked Budwiser. :D

do you drink your single malt with a cigar and an hefner style batchlor gown.

lol

:P
By bud

you don't like beer?

lol

ahhh na no link with Budweiser for me!

and yes i do, regularly 8-)
By Gaz

you don't like beer?

lol

ahhh na no link with Budweiser for me!

and yes i do, regularly 8-)

Fantastic!
:thumbup:
By @leece
:sheep:
....erm hello... thanks for the multitude of responses to my post. Really wasn't expecting that! I have learnt a lot about what I might need to consider about going to Silverstone:

1. Bring waterproofs and sun cream (is the bikini optional?)
2. Maybe don't worry about ear protection - hearing is over-rated anyway!
3. Get off coach at Pit Straights
4. Bring quality beers that are acceptable to drink at room temp or a good single malt scotch....if I don't drink them myself, then at least I may gain some interesting friends :cloggynmarki:
5. Don't bring my dog in case she gets blended and squirted out of a water pistol.
6. Don't sit next to someone with a claxon if they support another team (otherwise bring ready filled water pistol)...
7. ...or bring my own claxon, sit next to a Ferrari supporter with a water pistol, and hope that they fill it with white wine and spray it at me in anger... :thumbup:

SORTED!!

AND the team that @leece will be supporting? Brawn GP - because I love Jenson Button (no seriously - if I wasn't married he'd be in with a serious chance :wink: !!) oh yeah and I think he is a good driver and deserves a chance at winning this year. Would be nice to see lil Lewwy Hamilton doing a bit better though - 2008 was just his year...but I think we'll see a lot more from him in the future...
By racechick
:nono: I could fill the pistol with other liquids

Let's not go there :yikes:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Im so sloooow at times :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Ps. Forgot to put on the list BIG UMBERELLA!! Essential for defence against liquids!
By sheedatali
Hi guys,

Some very useful information in this thread. I am going there the first time myself, I am a big supporter of Kimi (not Ferrari) and Lewis (not McLaren). I have Pit Straight A pass for all three days. So I hope it will be fun. I am driving to Silverstone and I do not have a parking permit, how does park and ride work? What time they start picking up people from Park and ride location? Is it actually a good idea to get a parking permit at Silverstone? Also any tips on times and places to get driver autographs/pictures? And the best places around track that must be visited?

Thanks.
By Chris_0648
You deffo need to go to Hangar straight, just to get up close to the cars at top speed.

And at the entrance to Becketts (just after pit exit). The change of direction is incredible.

Last I heard park and ride was sold out... im not sure if you ticket includes it though so you could look into it. Otherwise a parking permit is a must. Oooor the bus from Northampton to Silverstone each day.
Okay :) Couple more questions...

I won't be renting a Kangaroo TV portable, (Just spent £200 on a new camera) is commentary made to be audiable through the grandstands?
Is the Kangaroo TV Commentary / 5Live Commentary the same, or near enough to BBC's 1's commentary.... Also Kanagroo TV shown on the grandstand TV's, is that any different between the BBC video coverage?

Lastly, assuming germany is set up the same way as silverstone, with the marshalls prompting you futher away from the track, which I can understand due to safety, is there any chance you'll be allowed to hang around there during free practice, say P1, when there's less people, cars on track, etc?

Cheers

I forgot something.. :D are the grandstands steep enough to get a good picture from your seat, Or will almost every picture be blocked by the back of a head infront of me?
Does anyone know how packed the ring actually gets ?
By racechick
No idea about Germany. At silverstone yes you can hear the commentary but not when the cars are coming round. You can tune an FM radio to the race track wavelength and get the same commentary as is broadcast round the track. If you want tv commentary you need to take one of those tiny tv's but the picture is not clear in daylight, better to watch a big screen and listen via radio to the track commentary. Hope that helps.
Hi,

Even though I've been a fan all my life, I've never been able to attend a GP before for one reason or another, but with this being the last BGP at Silverstone for the time being I decided to bite the bullet and finally get along to one. I have a question for those who've been to Silverstone before on race day, which is what time in the morning should I be looking to leave in order to get there for a reasonable time? I'll be going to the sixfields park and ride and coming from milton keynes so it's a fairly straightforward journey. The main thing I'm concerned about is how bad are the traffic delays likely to be coming from that direction? I'm not fussed about getting there for the very first event of the day but would like to get there in enough time to experience the atmosphere, walk around a bit, get lunch etc, maybe mid morning latest. Any help and suggestion would be much appreciated, just so I know how much time I have to leave and how early to get up!

Thanks!

See our F1 related articles too!