FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By Chris_0648
It's my second, girlfriend's first.

Arriving by coach with a tent so I don't have the luxury of the space to pack everything for the weekend, so i'm gonna have to gamble on wet/dry conditions. Long range weather forecasts suggests pack for rain....
By Ste L
also, dont forget sun cream...

even though it was pissing down last year, i still manage to get bad sun burn :banghead:
By Gilles 27
Everyone gets sunburn at Silverstone, even when it's cloudy because of the wind. They call it the Silverstone wind burn. Just take some after sun or moisturiser
By Ste L
Everyone gets sunburn at Silverstone, even when it's cloudy because of the wind. They call it the Silverstone wind burn. Just take some after sun or moisturiser

same as Pod burn, at santa pod :thumbup:
By SimonB
Going to be my first time too, going with my mate from work. We have platinum tickets at Luffield. We are camping at whittlebury park on the lakeside.

I also bought a parking pass for £35 but because we are camping so if anyone wants one i'll be happy to sell it cheap.

I want a kangaroo Tv, got a voucher with my tickets for £15 off one, it says you can book them in advance but is it just as easy to buy one there? or is there a limited number of them?
By 7UpJordan
Going to be my first time too, going with my mate from work. We have platinum tickets at Luffield. We are camping at whittlebury park on the lakeside.

I also bought a parking pass for £35 but because we are camping so if anyone wants one i'll be happy to sell it cheap.

I want a kangaroo Tv, got a voucher with my tickets for £15 off one, it says you can book them in advance but is it just as easy to buy one there? or is there a limited number of them?

I've just reserved mine online. It would be best if you do that as well as there will most likely be high demand on the day.
By Robert182
I'm so excited! :ahahah: Yep, almost hysterically excited!

I'M GOING TO SILVERSTONE TO WATCH THE 2009 F1 GP!!!! Yay!

Ok, now down to the actual reason for my post.... Will anyone be kind enough to let me know what I should make sure to pack for the day? I've been told that I will need layers of clothing and a waterproof jacket, a picnic, something to sit on and ear protection.

My parents bought me and my hubby the tickets as a Christmas pressie - included is a park and ride coach ticket and then (I think) the cheapest tickets for watching the GP race on Sunday - meaning that we don't have a 'place' booked to stand or sit as such. I think we just get there and find a plot to watch the race from?? :confused:

Any advice or help is welcomed! I'm particularly concerned about the best time to arrive there, best places to stand, what not to miss, and ear protection. Do people really walk around wearing massive head phone type ear protection? Or will a good pair of ear plugs suffice? When I watch F1 on TV I never think to pay any attention to the crowds in the background!

Obviously, when I get there I wanna look as cool as poss 8-) like I go every year and know what I'm doing!!
(If I succeed in looking cool and like I know what I'm doing, then it will be a first!)

youll have an awesome time :) this will be the 3rd year im going got discounted tickets this year tro college :P , just make sure your covered in ur teams merch :) and you sundnt need ear plugs :) have a mint time :)
By texasmr2
Good news for both of you I'm jealous :yes: . Hey make a big forumula1.com banner maybe we will catch it! :thumbup:
By racechick
From a seasoned GP attender
If attending for the day GET TRHERTE V EARLY. Ear defendes not needed. Only needed them once onAbbey Straight(My first year and didnt know where to stand).
This would be my 'day only-nt camping' list.

Layers of clothes incl comfy waterproof shoes-flip flops in bag for later.Then bikini, shorts and vest top(preferably Mclaren :D )Then Tshirt(Pref McLaren) Then hoody or similar (pref McLaren). Jog bottoms or jeans. Waterproof trousers and top. Cap (pref McLaren :D )

Fold up chair
Sun glasses
Sun cream
Radio with earphones
Breakfast-panne au chocolat :)
Snacks-nice treats you dont usually allow yourself
Wine if not driving
Water
Book or mag
Money-To buy more McLaren gear
Camera
Phone
Claxon (for everytime Lewis comes round)
Lewis flag :D
(The latter two especially if sitting near rival supporters :D:D )
Think thats it!

Get near a big TV screen for viewing the whole race. Kangaroos are v good but best if shared with a group. I had one about 3 years ago and it was £5o then.

:) Enjoy!

You will be NACKERED by the time you get trackside!! :rofl:
By Tony_sa
From a seasoned GP attender
If attending for the day GET TRHERTE V EARLY. Ear defendes not needed. Only needed them once onAbbey Straight(My first year and didnt know where to stand).
This would be my 'day only-nt camping' list.

Layers of clothes incl comfy waterproof shoes-flip flops in bag for later.Then bikini, shorts and vest top(preferably Mclaren :D )Then Tshirt(Pref McLaren) Then hoody or similar (pref McLaren). Jog bottoms or jeans. Waterproof trousers and top. Cap (pref McLaren :D )

Fold up chair
Sun glasses
Sun cream
Radio with earphones
Breakfast-panne au chocolat :)
Snacks-nice treats you dont usually allow yourself
Wine if not driving
Water
Book or mag
Money-To buy more McLaren gear
Camera
Phone
Think thats it!

Get near a big TV screen for viewing the whole race. Kangaroos are v good but best if shared with a group. I had one about 3 years ago and it was £5o then.

:) Enjoy!

You will be NACKERED by the time you get trackside!! :rofl:

you not taking the promoting a bit too serious - are you.?
By Robert182
Think thats it!

coundt agree more :D i had some ferrari fan have a massive go at me everytime i fired up the fog horn everytime lewis came past :P and then massa spun and he left :D
By 7UpJordan
I'll be sure to bring my gun...

A water pistol? :hehe:
By racechick
I'll be sure to bring my gun...

A water pistol? :hehe:

You read my mind :P

Hope its hot like today then That will be fun!!

See our F1 related articles too!