FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Stephen
Apparantly Monty's journey up the backside of his team-mate will go unpunished.

I must say i'm surprised, but then not red flagging the race itself (with so many cars out) surprised me also. I think a restart would have been exceptionally exciting to watch, and the drama of recovering cars etc (particularly for McLaren) would have been very compelling.

Of course, that would only happen if racing was more important than television schedules... :roll:
By bud
I dont think John Paul deserved to be punished for what happened it was just a racing incident that s*** happens.
when was the last F1 race that had a redflagged start? they dont seem to like doing it these days
By Selcouth_Feline
when was the last F1 race that had a redflagged start? they dont seem to like doing it these days

That's because if it was red-flagged, the race would go on longer than normal meaning that the TV schedule would run late meaning all the viewers of Coronation St would have deviations from the norm and we can't go having that now can we ;) In all seriousness, I think they try not to red-flag a race because of the TV schedules - F! is now a business first and foremost, and so they have to try and appease the TV networks who might get flack if the races ran late....
By bud
makes sense to me Feline reeow!

See our F1 related articles too!