FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

The glamourous side of motorsport (please keep it clean)
By texasmr2
Well, uh. Most people just call me weird. :/

Thank you, though.

I would not call it weird just easy :hehe: .

:rofl:

:confused:

Show me a man who says he does not care about a womans looks and I will show you a liar. :yes:

:rolleyes:

I didn't say I didn't care at all, but it's quite far down on my list of priorities. Intelligence and a good personality feature way further up because, put simply, they're far more important. You wouldn't marry a nice-looking wall, now, would you? ;)

My definition of good intentions is a guy who won't use me as a piece of a s s and actually appreciate who I am as a person. I've had boyfriends who have just tried to get with me to use me and brag to their friends. You can classify me as inexperienced tex, but you have no idea what kind of guys I've met. And don't talk condescendingly towards me because I'm younger than you. Experience hasn't got that much to do with age.

Don't destroy my hope :P

Hooray, sense. :yes:

Completely understand bro and I respect your outlook/opinion, too each their own :wink: .
By Gaz
well you said you wouldnt date a pretty wall but would you date an ugly wall that you could hold a great convo with? :hehe:

to ignore looks is to ignore your own instincts. Afterall attraction is the mechanism of reproduction. nothing more nothing less! so you can say looks dont mean anything to you but as i said you would not be human as we havent evolved that way just yet.... :wink:

The 'wall' comment was in relation to intelligence, not looks. ;)

I'm not saying that I would ignore how she looks, but it's not the most important thing to me by any means. Sure, if she's nice looking, I'll still talk to her (or rather, try to - still haven't nailed the old confidence thing >.<) but if it turns out she's not particularly nice, has no sense of humour, isn't particularly intelligent etc. then I'll just move on. I wouldn't continue an attempt to pursue a relationship with her because she's really good looking or awesome in bed. I want to find someone I can spend my life with, not have good umpalumpa with. At the end of the day, looks will fade (and quite quickly, in some cases). But the way a person is doesn't. Events may ultimately change things but, without interference, your personality will last a lot longer than your good looks ;)

You can say "you're not human" as much as you want, but what makes up a human is somewhat varied these days anyway. If there were strict criteria, I'm pretty sure we'd still all be out killing everyone of whom we may be jealous ;)

Edit: Aw, crap. I used the same smiley at the end of all my paragrahps >.<

To be fair just because somones good looking don't mean they are a stupid person.

To assume that somone is stupid just because there good looking is pretty unreasonable really.

Works bothways to just because somone is not so good looking don't mean they are gonna have a great personality.

But i get your point about there's no point in dating the best looking girl in the world when she's not very intresting to be with lol
By Denthúl
well you said you wouldnt date a pretty wall but would you date an ugly wall that you could hold a great convo with? :hehe:

to ignore looks is to ignore your own instincts. Afterall attraction is the mechanism of reproduction. nothing more nothing less! so you can say looks dont mean anything to you but as i said you would not be human as we havent evolved that way just yet.... :wink:

The 'wall' comment was in relation to intelligence, not looks. ;)

I'm not saying that I would ignore how she looks, but it's not the most important thing to me by any means. Sure, if she's nice looking, I'll still talk to her (or rather, try to - still haven't nailed the old confidence thing >.<) but if it turns out she's not particularly nice, has no sense of humour, isn't particularly intelligent etc. then I'll just move on. I wouldn't continue an attempt to pursue a relationship with her because she's really good looking or awesome in bed. I want to find someone I can spend my life with, not have good umpalumpa with. At the end of the day, looks will fade (and quite quickly, in some cases). But the way a person is doesn't. Events may ultimately change things but, without interference, your personality will last a lot longer than your good looks ;)

You can say "you're not human" as much as you want, but what makes up a human is somewhat varied these days anyway. If there were strict criteria, I'm pretty sure we'd still all be out killing everyone of whom we may be jealous ;)

Edit: Aw, crap. I used the same smiley at the end of all my paragrahps >.<

To be fair just because somones good looking don't mean they are a stupid person.

To assume that somone is stupid just because there good looking is pretty unreasonable really.

Works bothways to just because somone is not so good looking don't mean they are gonna have a great personality.

But i get your point about there's no point in dating the best looking girl in the world when she's not very intresting to be with lol

I'm not saying that at all (I know a tremendously good-looking girl who's an absolute genius - if only we got on :( ), I'm just taking the absolute extremes as my examples in order to make my point. :)
By texasmr2
Aint life crazy? I have met women who were steaming hot but I could not get away from them fast enough because of their attitude or personality, I'm sure we have all dealt with that before male and female.
By shani182
Yeah, I have a lot of really amazingly pretty friends, but they go through boyfriends like crazy because they're way to immature for a relationship and are not really that bright :/
MATURE (not in reference to age, tex :P) guys really prefer some wit over girls who dress in lingerie when they go out and act like absolute bitches to some people.

Yeah, some of my girlfriends are like that, but I love them.
I just know that guys don't fall for that :/
By Denthúl
Aint life crazy? I have met women who were steaming hot but I could not get away from them fast enough because of their attitude or personality, I'm sure we have all dealt with that before male and female.

:yes:

MATURE (not in reference to age, tex :P) guys really prefer some wit over girls who dress in lingerie when they go out and act like absolute bitches to some people.

:cloud9:
By texasmr2
Yeah, I have a lot of really amazingly pretty friends, but they go through boyfriends like crazy because they're way to immature for a relationship and are not really that bright :/

Yeah, some of my girlfriends are like that, but I love them.
I just know that guys don't fall for that :/

No offense taken but I did like the jab, that was funny :wink: . Your assessment is 100% correct imho. I can only speak for myself and I'm much more attracted to a lady who act's like a lady inside and outside and that normally stems from being comfortable with yourself and who you are. We all have close friends who act or dress in a way we feel is inappropriate yet we overlook that because we know and accept who they are and know they have a good heart.

Life would be very boring without good friends :) .
By McLaren Fan
I think it's a fallacy to invoke (selectively) quote from science to justify some kind of lust or animal attraction for somebody. The fact is we ignore many of the laws of nature (not that I like calling them that) on a daily basis, and natural selection has provided humans with brains capable of thinking how we want to run our lives. A world run on solely along Darwinian lines wouldn't be very pleasant at all. As a result, in this case, humans are not necessarily attracted to one another on the basis of looks, but on personality as well. Science proves this, too. Moreover, natural selection also has given humans brains which are susceptible to believing things on the basis of authority and discourse (in the Foucauldian sense), so some of our ideas about what is and isn't attractive are, in part, constructs.
By texasmr2
I think it's a fallacy to invoke (selectively) quote from science to justify some kind of lust or animal attraction for somebody. The fact is we ignore many of the laws of nature (not that I like calling them that) on a daily basis, and natural selection has provided humans with brains capable of thinking how we want to run our lives. A world run on solely along Darwinian lines wouldn't be very pleasant at all. As a result, in this case, humans are not necessarily attracted to one another on the basis of looks, but on personality as well. Science proves this, too. Moreover, natural selection also has given humans brains which are susceptible to believing things on the basis of authority and discourse (in the Foucauldian sense), so some of our ideas about what is and isn't attractive are, in part, constructs.

Ok from what site did you copy/paste that from :hehe: joking! Honestly though that sounds like some professor's lecture and could be toned down to a less academic scholar tone and put into a more 'real word' tone. Hey funny thing is this redneck actually understood it :yikes::cloud9: .
By bud

so you saying we are above chemical reactions now? :hehe:
By darwin dali

Or in short: :cloud9: >> :study:

:wink:
By texasmr2
You guys are too complicated, I want to have s e x with a woman because she's physically freakin hot. Simple as that :P

:yes::thumbup:
By shani182
:rofl:
This has actually become quite a funny thread (:

See our F1 related articles too!