FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
8am Friday morning sound early enough?? It all depends on work really. I'm waiting to hear on a job and if that doesn't come through I could make it on Thurs! But then I'll have no money instead. Nightmare that would be!
8am Friday morning sound early enough?? It all depends on work really. I'm waiting to hear on a job and if that doesn't come through I could make it on Thurs! But then I'll have no money instead. Nightmare that would be!

I'm sure that'll be fine, I'll be there on the Thurs myself, but of course I've gotta get down from Scotland :(
Ouch, that's pretty hardcore. You coming down with mates? The pilgrimage must be quite an experience!

I'm only coming from Northampton so guess I've got it easy :P

It is rough, but worth it in the end. Its better than last year when we took the train down. We spent hours in the centre of Northampton before finally catching the last bus to Silverstone. Tense times :P
Hi Chris. Ive camped at Windmills last 10 years or so and you cant book. Its nearest to the track to and right by copse. Its pretty basic but cheap. I dont get there til fri evening because i teach. Always managed to get on and theres plenty of room left in the field. I did have problem one year(about 2 or3 years ago). Got there and it said CLOSED!! I went into panic mode, jumped out the car and chased after the farmer id seen going by on his tractor. I told him I come every year and he let me in. It wasnt full but it had rained heavily the week before and cars were getting stuck. If you want to party you might be better in the campsite near the fair(other side iof the track)That does get full up but you should be ok Fri morning.

TALKING OF PARTIES :D Who IS going to Silverstone? We could arrange to meet-pub? fair? trackside? BBQ?Disco tent? PM me if you fancy sorting something out :sickman::bellydance::bellydance-brunette::morepopcorn::hooli-popcorn::wine::munchies::beer::drummer::nuts::guitarist::burger::dindins::coffee::drunkparty::drunkparty::drunkparty::blah::party::party::popcorn::popcorn2::wine::cloggynmarki::couchpotato::couchpotato::drunk:
Thanks Racechick, thats reassuring! I'm not too bothered about partying, staying up and having a few [quiet] beers with people is more my sort of thing.
I'd be quite interested to meet up with some people - dont know how useful I'd be at organising seeing as I dont know anyone around here!
Thanks Racechick, thats reassuring! I'm not too bothered about partying, staying up and having a few [quiet] beers with people is more my sort of thing.
I'd be quite interested to meet up with some people - dont know how useful I'd be at organising seeing as I dont know anyone around here!

I'll organise it. I'll get back to you when I know whos going. :)
I was considering using the Northampton bus as a runabout to and from the track over the weekend. You've successfully put that plan to bed!

Erm I think Stagecoachmay run a bus to and from the circuit to Northhampton over the weekend, check it out.
Hi guys
i have a quick question about sunday at silverstone. Ive heard the gates open at 5am? but if we have a dedicated seat in a grandstand, is there any reason to get there early with all the crowds? can we just get there later in the day and get to our seats?

also on the friday on saturday, what time do gates open? are the crowds bad on those days?
Thanks a lot
Hi guys
i have a quick question about sunday at silverstone. Ive heard the gates open at 5am? but if we have a dedicated seat in a grandstand, is there any reason to get there early with all the crowds? can we just get there later in the day and get to our seats?

also on the friday on saturday, what time do gates open? are the crowds bad on those days?
Thanks a lot

If you have grandstand then no need to beat the crowds. Just check the itinery to see waht other things are on.

Erm I think Stagecoachmay run a bus to and from the circuit to Northhampton over the weekend, check it out.

Yeah that's the one I was considering. I'd rather camp though, much more fun and actually cheaper for the two of us, would you believe :S
Hi guys

Thanks a lot

If you have grandstand then no need to beat the crowds. Just check the itinery to see waht other things are on.

I agree, I think its 6 on both Friday and Saturday, and Friday is usually Quiet.
Saturday does get busier nearer Qually.

See our F1 related articles too!