FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
well i am not going to SIlverstone now. kinda sucks. i guess going to Spa will have to do :yawn:

Ah how come ? I really want to go to Spa hmmm

its too much of a rush, ill still be going to MTC London Scotland! whats the best way to get to Belgium from the UK? is the ferry expensive?

Prob easier to get a cheap flight with easyjet or somthing.

I dont do flying :yes:

:yikes::confused::yikes:
Didn't you wanna become some military topgun pilot or somtin'?

shocking i know :O

Ah hot shots :cloud9: Class
Can anyone post any logical explanation as to why the British G.P should leave Silverstone. The home of the British Grand Prix. ta

Bernie doesn't want it there.

I said logical.... :wink: In todays financial climate it does not make fecking sense to move it costing millions of pounds. Why does Bernie (God I despise that little man) want it moving from Silverstone?

He doesn't want a British GP or he wants one that will pay him more money! This from James Allen's sight

It has long been speculated in F1 circles that Ecclestone might step in and take over the event at Donington. Some even believe he may have some kind of plan to turn it into the world’s finest race track as part of his legacy.
I got plans. Turn up. Drink wine. Put up tent. Drink more wine. Have barbie. Drink wine. Go to pub or fair . Drink more wine. sleep. Watch quali. Drink wine. Have barbie. Drink more wine. Go to fair or pub. Drink wine. sleep. Get up. watch race. sleep, preferably not while driving home but it has been known to happen :P
Sound like a plan??

That sounds kinda spiffing. Don't think I can last the past of you old timers though. :hehe:

It's easy, have a cup of coffee or a can of Red Bull. :P

well i am not going to SIlverstone now. kinda sucks. i guess going to Spa will have to do :yawn:

That's a shame bud, it would have been nice to see you at Silverstone.

What time are people expecting to arrive at the track? I'm going down Friday morning and hoping to get to the track for 8am. Perhaps depending on how many of us arrive at whatever time we could all try and meet up for Friday afternoon practice and watch from either the main start/finish grandstand or one of the Copse stands. :)
I got plans. Turn up. Drink wine. Put up tent. Drink more wine. Have barbie. Drink wine. Go to pub or fair . Drink more wine. sleep. Watch quali. Drink wine. Have barbie. Drink more wine. Go to fair or pub. Drink wine. sleep. Get up. watch race. sleep, preferably not while driving home but it has been known to happen :P
Sound like a plan??

That sounds kinda spiffing. Don't think I can last the past of you old timers though. :hehe:

It's easy, have a cup of coffee or a can of Red Bull. :P

That's a shame bud, it would have been nice to see you at Silverstone.

What time are people expecting to arrive at the track? I'm going down Friday morning and hoping to get to the track for 8am. Perhaps depending on how many of us arrive at whatever time we could all try and meet up for Friday afternoon practice and watch from either the main start/finish grandstand or one of the Copse stands. :)

I'm leaving on Thursday morning about 4am(ish). Hopefully get down from Scotland mid afternoon. So i'll be there on Friday anyways.
Anyone fancy cutting some shapes in the disco tent? :bellydance-brunette::sickman::bellydance::D
Hey all, i just purchased tickets to the Copse E terraced area for me and my girlfriend. Not especially overjoyed with the tickets, but it's her first time and its gonna be a surprise for her so im pretty excited!!

I was looking at the possibility of camping but its something I've never done before at silverstone so I have a couple of questions.

I noticed most of the cheaper campsites dont offer pre-booking. Because of work we'll only be getting there on Friday morning, so probably wont pitch up until friday evening. Is this going to be too late to get into a non-booked campsite? (btw, its just the two of us and no car, so we wont be taking up a load of space).

Secondly, any reccomendations?? We're up for the party atmosphere and would ideally like somewhere near Copse. We're students so [my] cash is at a premium...

Thanks! :D
Hey all, i just purchased tickets to the Copse E terraced area for me and my girlfriend. Not especially overjoyed with the tickets, but it's her first time and its gonna be a surprise for her so im pretty excited!!

I was looking at the possibility of camping but its something I've never done before at silverstone so I have a couple of questions.

I noticed most of the cheaper campsites dont offer pre-booking. Because of work we'll only be getting there on Friday morning, so probably wont pitch up until friday evening. Is this going to be too late to get into a non-booked campsite? (btw, its just the two of us and no car, so we wont be taking up a load of space).

Secondly, any reccomendations?? We're up for the party atmosphere and would ideally like somewhere near Copse. We're students so [my] cash is at a premium...

Thanks! :D

You're in luck, there is a Campsite right next to Copse where I stayed last year and will be doing so again this year. I can't remember what it was called but you simply pay when you turn up. Racechick will know what it's called as she camps there too.
Windmills - Is it not?

I think that's the one.
You and me both. Dont fancy the idea of getting the parents to buy a tonne of meat and beer, only to send it all back home again 'cause the campsite is packed out.

If you are there earlier enough, i'm sure you'll get something sorted man :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!