FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Hello everyone! This is my first post on the forum so I'll give a brief introduction and then ask my question.

First my name is Rob Wilson and I've been addicted to F1 since September, 1999 when I went to the Italian Grand Prix while visiting Milan on business. Since then, I have watched almost every race and attended the Chinese Grand Prix in 2005.

My wife and I are planning a trip to Sao Paulo in October to attend the Brazil Grand Prix and do some sightseeing. My wife watches F1 with me on TV and is excited about going to the race with me on October 21. The biggest issue I have is buying tickets.

For the two previous races I attended, I bought the tickets through locals. I had good seats for both races, but had no view of the TV screens. It makes it hard to tell what is happening on the rest of the track. In both cases, I had to go watch a recording of the race afterward to figure out some of the things that transpired during the race.

Can anyone recommend a particular place to buy my tickets to the race in Sao Paulo? How do I guarantee I will be able to see a TV? Anyone been to the race there that can recommend a section?

Thanks.

I look forward to learning more here.
By racechick
Hi, ive attended Silverstone for the last 10 years or so, also went to turkey last year. I agree with stephen, safest bet is to check circuit map and buy official tickets. This year at Silverstone(and i believe they will be introduced at other circuits) it was possible to rent a 'Kangaroo' hand set. this gave constant tv pictures of GP. plus you got onboard coverage from any selected drivers car, lap times and any pit to car conversations. It was excellent! It cost £50 for the weekend £40 for raceday. we shared it betwen 5 of us so it was only a tenner each, well worth it! Good luck
By RobWilson
Thanks for the feedback. I saw the tickets through formula1.com, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a better place with more ticket availability. They show tickets available in Grandstand M for $505 each. The notes say that there is a video wall located opposite. I just want to make sure. For the race in Shanghai in '05, the map showed a TV across from where we sat, but there wasn't one. When I go to the Shanghai map now, it doesn't show a TV there now.

BTW, I met JPM and got his autograph while we were waiting for our luggage to clear Customs after the Shanghai race in '05. I can't remember if we were in LA or Chicago. It seems like we were in LA or Chicago. I fly to China 3 or 4 times a year, so I can't remember what route that was. I have his autograph in my program from the race. He was pretty cool about the autograph....especially since we just finished a 12+ hour flight.

I'll take your advice about buying the tickets. Once my wife confirms she can get off work, I'll pull the trigger on the tickets.

Racechick, I hope they have the Kangaroo hand sets in Sao Paulo. That sounds ideal, and worth every penny.
By RobWilson
Any idea why a 2-pass would be cheaper than a one day pass in the same section? For section M, the 2 day pass is $492 and the one day pass is $505.
By R00DIT
ive found that before, could it be that one area is covered or just a promotion to get more people into qualifying?

See our F1 related articles too!