FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Marco
Anyone want to take a punt at who's moving, who's staying, who's going to DTM (ie being dropped) and who's going to join the F1 circus?

Heikki Kovalainen to Renault
Villeneuve to Toyota
DC to Ferrari
Montoya dropped by McLaren, Toyota?
Barrichello dropped?
Massa dropped?
Kimi to Renault?
Fisi dropped?

Confirmed:
Alonso to Renault
By simac
Saw today that Fisi has resigned for Renault for 07, the rumour of DC going to Ferrari made my PMSL. I can't see that somehow, would be nice to see him in a top team again but I can't see it being Ferrari.

Lewis Hamilton is spectacular, he has a similar style to Senna but I feel next year may be a bit early for him and perhaps another year in GP2 would be best for him.

Sad to say but out of your list I fear that it could be JPM who finds it difficult to get a drive next year.
By Selcouth_Feline
I read this morning that Fisi will be staying with Renault next season. I'm surprised as he's so temperamental - both on and off the track.

It makes me wonder where Kimi is going to end up. It would be interesting if he and Alonso are at McLaren.....I think he will then prove who the better driver *really* is!

I think you are right simac - I think JPM might have problems finding a drive next season, although I hope he does find one!
By bud
Its Funny how you say you want Kimi and Fernando together to see who is the fastest, yet why does Kimi's move to Ferrari all hinge on Schuey? Why cant mike have some competition why does he have to have things his way to win...he wants ferrari to have a tyre advantage next year , he wants superior team tactics over his team mate!
if he is the best he shouldnt need all this!!! he should embrace the challenge of having kimi as a team mate if he really does like to compete as he says he does.. just like senna had prost schumcher should show his worth in a sport where different packages are the difference between two drivers! having a team mate battle is as a even fight as you will get in the sport!
By neil
The cheat will never allow a driver to sign with Ferrari without a slave contract.
By schumi
Its Funny how you say you want Kimi and Fernando together to see who is the fastest, yet why does Kimi's move to Ferrari all hinge on Schuey? Why cant mike have some competition why does he have to have things his way to win...he wants ferrari to have a tyre advantage next year , he wants superior team tactics over his team mate!
if he is the best he shouldnt need all this!!! he should embrace the challenge of having kimi as a team mate if he really does like to compete as he says he does.. just like senna had prost schumcher should show his worth in a sport where different packages are the difference between two drivers! having a team mate battle is as a even fight as you will get in the sport!

i think you may have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to the seven time world champion, that's right 7 times. lets be honest here he's in his last years wouldn't he be an idiot to put himself in a position to be beat by a young team mate and leave f1 with his head down just to make a few anti schumacher fans happy, like him or not he's a legend.
By bud
No no he says he loves competition.... why he is still racing! prove it i say!
By schumi
every driver in F1 says they love it, do they all have to prove it or just Schumacher?
By schumi
if it's any edition i'd love to see Kimi at Ferrari, he's an exceptional talent who i think we have yet to see the best of
By Selcouth_Feline
if it's any edition i'd love to see Kimi at Ferrari, he's an exceptional talent who i think we have yet to see the best of

I'd love to see the two of them in the same car...I suspect Kimi would probably edge MS if only because he's younger and (probably) has slightly faster reactions, but it would definitely be a close run thing. But would Kimi really want to join a team where he would be deemed the 'second' driver? (I don't believe they would be treated as equal.....maybe I'm wrong?).

I still hope JPM gets a good drive somewhere, but I can't think of a top team that will sign him for next year :(
By Selcouth_Feline
I know I'm a bit late on this news....but apparently Spanish newspapers are reporting Kimi is going to Renault next year....and will be paid FOUR TIMES what Alonso is currently being paid. Not quite sure I believe that figure ;) Even so (if it's true) I guess it isn't too surprising, but a little disappointing that he isn't going to partner with MS at Ferrari :( Also a bit of a shame that Renault aren't going to give Kovalainen a chance....although it will be lovely to see Kimi in a reliable car!! :D
By F1Poser
I still think he will be at Ferrari next year. The Finn wouldn't want anything to do with Flabio that's for sure.
By simac
Apparently Kovalainen is under contract with Renault/Flav and they have to get him a drive next year. They seem to be trying to find him one by offering Renault customer engines as part of the deal.
By Dancer In The Dark
To tell my opinion I hope Kimi will be driving for McLaren next year, but I doubt it.

But I also don`t believe that he will be driving for Ferrari as long as Schumacher is still there.

See our F1 related articles too!