FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I've never heard it any footage from that season. Traction control is an unmistakable sound imo and it would have been very difficult to mask. i never saw the 1994 cars in person though so obviously I am relying on things like Youtube videos and they aren't really great for sound :shrug:
We've had rain before in China, but the race has never been at this time of year. Anyone know if another wash-out is possible?
We've had rain before in China, but the race has never been at this time of year. Anyone know if another wash-out is possible?

I don't think it rains quite as heavily as in Malaysia. We might see another 2007, though. And of course, even though the track probably wouldn't be too wet to drive on, it could still go dark before the race is over.

It is possible. ANything to make the race interesting suits me :P
Brawn to win again. But I'm going to bet on Barrichello for a change. Rubens last year made Jenson look like a amatuer. China is generally a good track Rubens. So I'll have a little bet on Rubens for a change.

As for Ferrari. I'd bet on Kimi to score more points for one reason. China is real bogey track for Massa. But I think they'll both manage to score points this weekend. KERS will be a huge momentum advantage into turn 1, and then down the back straight. Both cars will make stellar starts.

Toyota again will be behind Brawn with Williams and Red Bull in close proximity.

Lewis, this is mighty track for Lewis. One he truly excels at. Only a stupid mistake stopped him from winning in 2007, whilst 2008 he couldn't have dominated more. I'd expect him to get something from this weekend.

I would try to make a prediction. But the field is so close it all comes down to mere tenths, so its just too hard to predict anything.
Jenson and Rubens will sweep the field for another 1-2 finish, LOCKING THREAD!!! :twisted:

Just kidding :hehe: . My angle is that yes the KERS has actually turned out to be a very nice addition BUT those 6sec's per lap cannot makeup for having an inferior overall package. Watching yesterdays race I focused quite intently on the helicopter view and it was quite obvious that BGP's package was seriously faster through the sweepers than anyone else, that is where, imo, they are gaining such a huge advantage.

Remember in '94 when Benetton virtually dominated every race and every lap? They had the Cossie engine which was not the most powerful yet the aero and chassis made the car virtually unbeatable.

Anyway after two glorious weekends with F1 it saddens me I have to now wait two weeks for the next nail biter.

tex

They also had MS :thumbup:

But Brawn has Ross (Who was also there) and the drivers are Jenson and Rubens, two of the best and the most experienced pairing on the grid.
The prediction is easy. Unless something goes terribly wrong... the diffuser guys will be faster than everyone. Maybe Williams still have some performance issues... but still in the top 10.

Red Bull, BMW and Ferrari will have some decent pace... but nothing to beat the strongest.
The prediction is easy. Unless something goes terribly wrong... the diffuser guys will be faster than everyone. Maybe Williams still have some performance issues... but still in the top 10.

Red Bull, BMW and Ferrari will have some decent pace... but nothing to beat the strongest.

I think Williams have just been unlucky, at some point soon they'll be tussling for the lead, or have it, at the end of a race.

I think Williams have just been unlucky, at some point soon they'll be tussling for the lead, or have it, at the end of a race.

Given the flow of the circuit this can easily be another 1-2 for BGP if everything goes well, but i expect Rosberg to make a fight of it and one of the Red Bulls to get involved. Hamilton, Kimi, Massa and the Toyotas should also collect some points at the end.

Given the flow of the circuit this can easily be another 1-2 for BGP if everything goes well, but i expect Rosberg to make a fight of it and one of the Red Bulls to get involved. Hamilton, Kimi, Massa and the Toyotas should also collect some points at the end.

Once again, let's crack out that phrase:

"This race should give us a clearer picture of the pecking order"

:hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!