Sauber

User avatar
darwin dali
Forum Queen
Posts: 26864
Joined: 18 Mar 06, 02:56

Sauber

Post by darwin dali »

I just like this small team, not just because it's Swiss and I grew up a mere 10 miles from their head quarters. It's stories like these that make them very likable.

ESPNF1:

Peter Sauber has named his team's CEO Monisha Kaltenborn as his successor and hinted she could become the first female team boss in the next two years.

Sauber, now 68, still attends grands prix, but Kaltenborn often represents the team in front of the media and is well positioned to take over the reins when he decides to retire.

"I have always said that I will not be sitting on the pitwall as a 70 year old," Sauber told Der Sonntag newspaper. "With certainty, my successor is Monisha Kaltenborn. That is for sure. When it [the handover] happens is still open.

"She will be the first female team boss in Formula One history. She's been with us for 13 years, always with leading roles. I'm sure she will do the job very well."

Sauber has stepped down as team principal once before when he sold his team to BMW and handed over the top job to Mario Theissen.

"I could not jump into the breach a second time," Sauber added, hinting that his retirement this time around would be final.
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
User avatar
madbrad
Posts: 3194
Joined: 04 Mar 07, 00:34
Location: Pickering ON Canada

Re: That's Sauber

Post by madbrad »

Why not, we already have women telling us how to drive. Thank heaven it's a single seater!
sent from my supercray using assembler.
_______________________________



Image
DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!
User avatar
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Posts: 11398
Joined: 01 Apr 11, 17:04
Favourite Team: McLaren
Location: United Kingdom

Re: That's Sauber

Post by LewEngBridewell »

My golly, Pete looks good for 68! Good on him. And long live the Sauber team! :D

Do we think they'll ever surpass the 4th place they managed in the WCC back in 2001?
Image
Race wins: 181 Drivers' titles: 12 Constructors' titles: 8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
User avatar
bud
Shrub
Posts: 17633
Joined: 10 Jan 06, 03:02
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna, Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: McLaren
Location: Adelaide, Australia, ɹǝpun uʍop

Re: That's Sauber

Post by bud »

Telling their driver to not go for the win to please their engine supplier makes them dislikeable to me.
Hammer278
Banned
Posts: 13126
Joined: 29 Mar 10, 10:05
Favourite Driver: The best in Formula 1.
Favourite Team: BMW DTM
Location: Land of Petronas

Re: That's Sauber

Post by Hammer278 »

bud wrote:Telling their driver to not go for the win to please their engine supplier makes them dislikeable to me.


When did they say this?
Breaking News: Lewis Hamilton has officially overtaken The Fonz in race wins. With 88 races less. Lol (Without a specially built blown diffuser, illegal front wing, preferential treatment)
User avatar
geetface9
Posts: 3247
Joined: 10 Feb 11, 01:54
Favourite Driver: Mark Webber
Favourite Team: Ferrari
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: That's Sauber

Post by geetface9 »

Hammer278 wrote:
bud wrote:Telling their driver to not go for the win to please their engine supplier makes them dislikeable to me.


When did they say this?


I think he's under the illusion that perez was told to stay in 2nd behind alonso during the malaysian gp this year. And it is an illusion. Perez was basically told to be careful over the radio and that 2nd place was great because they didn't want him to get overexcited and push too hard and make a mistake.....which he did and was why he :censored: up coming into turn 15 about 5 laps before the end of the race. Some people seem to have the asinine idea that this was an order to let ferrari win because they supply sauber's engines.
Not bad for a #2 driver
What's Burning?
Banned
Posts: 21486
Joined: 24 Feb 10, 00:09
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Hulkenberg
Favourite Team: Porsche North America, Porsche LMP1
Location: PULL IN CASE OF FIRE

Re: That's Sauber

Post by What's Burning? »

bud wrote:Telling their driver to not go for the win to please their engine supplier makes them dislikeable to me.


You must retract everything conspiratory you've ever accused RC of. :hehe:
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
vaptin
Posts: 6397
Joined: 25 Jul 09, 13:42

Re: That's Sauber

Post by vaptin »

geetface9 wrote:
Hammer278 wrote:
bud wrote:Telling their driver to not go for the win to please their engine supplier makes them dislikeable to me.


When did they say this?


I think he's under the illusion that perez was told to stay in 2nd behind alonso during the malaysian gp this year. And it is an illusion. Perez was basically told to be careful over the radio and that 2nd place was great because they didn't want him to get overexcited and push too hard and make a mistake.....which he did and was why he :censored: up coming into turn 15 about 5 laps before the end of the race. Some people seem to have the asinine idea that this was an order to let ferrari win because they supply sauber's engines.

Myownalais's quote summed it up the best I think:

Maylasia was all one big conspiercy!
Anyway even Horner hasn't been trying to get the FIA investigating into thi.
----
Many positives about Sauber, long track record of chancing on rookies (successfully) and they are a small prvieteer f1 team who live and breath it as a company.

Good colour scheme too.
Hammer278
Banned
Posts: 13126
Joined: 29 Mar 10, 10:05
Favourite Driver: The best in Formula 1.
Favourite Team: BMW DTM
Location: Land of Petronas

Re: That's Sauber

Post by Hammer278 »

geetface9 wrote:
Hammer278 wrote:
bud wrote:Telling their driver to not go for the win to please their engine supplier makes them dislikeable to me.


When did they say this?


I think he's under the illusion that perez was told to stay in 2nd behind alonso during the malaysian gp this year. And it is an illusion. Perez was basically told to be careful over the radio and that 2nd place was great because they didn't want him to get overexcited and push too hard and make a mistake.....which he did and was why he :censored: up coming into turn 15 about 5 laps before the end of the race. Some people seem to have the asinine idea that this was an order to let ferrari win because they supply sauber's engines.


Agreed...and I don't think even Ferrari are d*ckheaded enough to make a scene if their customer car betters them once in around 10 blue moons.
Breaking News: Lewis Hamilton has officially overtaken The Fonz in race wins. With 88 races less. Lol (Without a specially built blown diffuser, illegal front wing, preferential treatment)
User avatar
bud
Shrub
Posts: 17633
Joined: 10 Jan 06, 03:02
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna, Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: McLaren
Location: Adelaide, Australia, ɹǝpun uʍop

Re: That's Sauber

Post by bud »

I thought conspiracies are prevalent in F1...
andrew
I disagree
Posts: 12986
Joined: 02 Apr 10, 19:39
Location: Somewhere over there

Re: That's Sauber

Post by andrew »

geetface9 wrote:
Hammer278 wrote:
bud wrote:Telling their driver to not go for the win to please their engine supplier makes them dislikeable to me.


When did they say this?


I think he's under the illusion that perez was told to stay in 2nd behind alonso during the malaysian gp this year. And it is an illusion. Perez was basically told to be careful over the radio and that 2nd place was great because they didn't want him to get overexcited and push too hard and make a mistake.....which he did and was why he :censored: up coming into turn 15 about 5 laps before the end of the race. Some people seem to have the asinine idea that this was an order to let ferrari win because they supply sauber's engines.


Beat me to it again Mr9! This Ferrari/Sauber conspiracy flared up and was extinguished in 1 post in the Malaysian GP thread. Whilst I think Perez would have easily caught Alonso, passing him would have meant taking too many risks in a car that is somewhat out of position (based on Sauber's usual race performances).

bud wrote:I thought conspiracies are prevalent in F1...


Nah, only at McLaren. :hehe:
User avatar
Blackavar
Posts: 196
Joined: 01 Mar 12, 17:27
Location: Location, Location.

Re: That's Sauber

Post by Blackavar »

Sure next those women will be wanting to vote :rolleyes: :hehe:

I kid of course.

Well done Sauber so far this year. Two likeable drivers and they also seem to have good pace. Really want them to do well. It'll take a few years to get near the front, but it's not impossible. I'd love a return to the blue/green colour scheme like they had with Diniz and Salo though. That was lovely.
Hammer278
Banned
Posts: 13126
Joined: 29 Mar 10, 10:05
Favourite Driver: The best in Formula 1.
Favourite Team: BMW DTM
Location: Land of Petronas

Re: That's Sauber

Post by Hammer278 »

Blackavar wrote:Sure next those women will be wanting to vote :rolleyes: :hehe:

I kid of course.

Well done Sauber so far this year. Two likeable drivers and they also seem to have good pace. Really want them to do well. It'll take a few years to get near the front, but it's not impossible. I'd love a return to the blue/green colour scheme like they had with Diniz and Salo though. That was lovely.


Agreed...when I think of Sauber, that's the livery which comes to mind for me. But that was due to Redbull being their primary sponsor if I'm not mistaken. Their colour scheme at current is a bit dull IMO...seems to be a watered down version of BMWs livery, but they really can do better.
Breaking News: Lewis Hamilton has officially overtaken The Fonz in race wins. With 88 races less. Lol (Without a specially built blown diffuser, illegal front wing, preferential treatment)
andrew
I disagree
Posts: 12986
Joined: 02 Apr 10, 19:39
Location: Somewhere over there

Re: That's Sauber

Post by andrew »

Blackavar wrote:Sure next those women will be wanting to vote :rolleyes: :hehe:

I kid of course.

Well done Sauber so far this year. Two likeable drivers and they also seem to have good pace. Really want them to do well. It'll take a few years to get near the front, but it's not impossible. I'd love a return to the blue/green colour scheme like they had with Diniz and Salo though. That was lovely.


Apparently these women are allowed to drive cars - alone! I saw one driving an artic the other day! :yikes: :hehe:

The blue/green livery was to do with their affiliation with Petronas and was run from 1996 - 2004 until they became BMW in 2005.

Their Red Bull sponsorship ran from 1995 - 2004. The car had a yellow circle with a red bull on either side of the air box from 1995 - 2004
User avatar
scotty
Posts: 9319
Joined: 11 Oct 07, 18:49
Favourite Driver: My GCSE Chemistry Teacher John Driver
Location: Degner 1

Re: That's Sauber

Post by scotty »

If i support any team it's Sauber :clap: :thumbup:
Rising number one of Formula 1, Juan - Juan, one wonders should Juan only win one Formula 1 one year, would Juan have won that one in round one, Juan??