Austin GP

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend

Who is planning on attending?

1. Yes
4
22%
2. No
14
78%
 
Total votes: 18

Deovann07
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Oct 12, 16:12

Re: Austin GP

Post by Deovann07 »

What's Burning? wrote:More...
Important...
Than F1???
:wink:




Yeah! :yes: but I will just updating my self for the race... So you will attending the race?

Do you already have a ticket for the race? tickets are now sold out... just wondering if there will be some tickets more for the people in late buying... :D

Tickets are soo expensive, any good deals you know? so late people can buy? I'm concerned for the late people who love to watch the race... hahahha :D
User avatar
Jabberwocky
Mod
Posts: 16412
Joined: 31 Jul 07, 19:51
Favourite Driver: 5 Iron
Favourite Team: Williams
Location: Oxford

Re: Austin GP

Post by Jabberwocky »

I always find being able to buy food at the end of the month more important than going to the GP. Plus the British GP is very expensive, I went to the 1st Turkish GP (include flights and hotel) it was still cheaper than Silverstone that is only 30minutes up the road from me.
Image
A racing car that does not win, is just art
Deovann07
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Oct 12, 16:12

Re: Austin GP

Post by Deovann07 »

Jabberwocky wrote:I always find being able to buy food at the end of the month more important than going to the GP. Plus the British GP is very expensive, I went to the 1st Turkish GP (include flights and hotel) it was still cheaper than Silverstone that is only 30minutes up the road from me.




WeW! It's not advantage of yours... I understand... :yes:

more than 10 years of waiting, I think people can go and will go to the Austin GP even if it is expensive... but except me hahahhahaha :hehe:
They will find a good deal for the tickets...
Deovann07
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Oct 12, 16:12

Re: Austin GP

Post by Deovann07 »

Anyone had their tickets already for the Austin GP?


I've been reading and searching about tickets for Austin and need to share this for the late buyers of tickets.... :wavey:
<EDITED LINK, WB>

Hope someone will be helped by this... heheheh :hehe:
Deovann07
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Oct 12, 16:12

Re: Austin GP

Post by Deovann07 »

2013 GP will be an odd to the fans of F1. COTA prohibits carrying some high lenses camera :yawn:
Then my bet Hamilton will go for Mercedes this 2013 GP. :eek:
heleni2013
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 Jan 13, 21:49
Favourite Driver: schumacher
Favourite Team: ferrari

Re: Austin GP

Post by heleni2013 »

Hi

I'm planning a trip to the Austin circuit this year, flying from Manchester, uk to Austin. I'm just looking for a little info from anyone who's been there. I've visited the circuit website and searched google but first hand experience is so much better. Any recommendations for accommodation and which seats would be the best to book at the circuit. There was quite a price difference between general admission and reserved seating, is it worth the expense? As I'm making a holiday out of the trip, can you suggest other places to visit that maybe dont come up on google.
Really appreciate any advice, thanks
User avatar
Jabberwocky
Mod
Posts: 16412
Joined: 31 Jul 07, 19:51
Favourite Driver: 5 Iron
Favourite Team: Williams
Location: Oxford

Re: Austin GP

Post by Jabberwocky »

Why Austin in particular?
Image
A racing car that does not win, is just art
What's Burning?
Banned
Posts: 21486
Joined: 24 Feb 10, 00:09
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Hulkenberg
Favourite Team: Porsche North America, Porsche LMP1
Location: PULL IN CASE OF FIRE

Re: Austin GP

Post by What's Burning? »

Because it's in America which immediately moved it to the front of the line of greatest venues to go watch a GP. :hehe:
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
User avatar
darwin dali
Forum Queen
Posts: 26917
Joined: 18 Mar 06, 02:56

Re: Austin GP

Post by darwin dali »

What's Burning? wrote:Because it's in America which immediately moved it to the front of the line of greatest venues to go watch a GP. :hehe:

Beats being mugged in São Paulo.
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
What's Burning?
Banned
Posts: 21486
Joined: 24 Feb 10, 00:09
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Hulkenberg
Favourite Team: Porsche North America, Porsche LMP1
Location: PULL IN CASE OF FIRE

Re: Austin GP

Post by What's Burning? »

darwin dali wrote:
What's Burning? wrote:Because it's in America which immediately moved it to the front of the line of greatest venues to go watch a GP. :hehe:

Beats being mugged in São Paulo.

Or KILLED in Bahrain.
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
User avatar
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Posts: 11398
Joined: 01 Apr 11, 17:04
Favourite Team: McLaren
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Austin GP

Post by LewEngBridewell »

What's Burning? wrote:
darwin dali wrote:
What's Burning? wrote:Because it's in America which immediately moved it to the front of the line of greatest venues to go watch a GP. :hehe:

Beats being mugged in São Paulo.

Or KILLED in Bahrain.


Or ambushed by a savage marmot in Montreal

Image
Image
Race wins: 181 Drivers' titles: 12 Constructors' titles: 8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
User avatar
Jabberwocky
Mod
Posts: 16412
Joined: 31 Jul 07, 19:51
Favourite Driver: 5 Iron
Favourite Team: Williams
Location: Oxford

Re: Austin GP

Post by Jabberwocky »

Or shot by an American school kid on a shooting rampage.
Image
A racing car that does not win, is just art
What's Burning?
Banned
Posts: 21486
Joined: 24 Feb 10, 00:09
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Hulkenberg
Favourite Team: Porsche North America, Porsche LMP1
Location: PULL IN CASE OF FIRE

Re: Austin GP

Post by What's Burning? »

Jabberwocky wrote:Or shot by an American school kid on a shooting rampage.

Yeah but the GP would have to take place at a school or a movie theatre or a mall. Otherwise you're safe.
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
andrew
I disagree
Posts: 12986
Joined: 02 Apr 10, 19:39
Location: Somewhere over there

Re: Austin GP

Post by andrew »

LewEngBridewell wrote:
What's Burning? wrote:
darwin dali wrote:
What's Burning? wrote:Because it's in America which immediately moved it to the front of the line of greatest venues to go watch a GP. :hehe:

Beats being mugged in São Paulo.

Or KILLED in Bahrain.


Or ambushed by a savage marmot in Montreal

Image


Or catching hypothermia at Silverstone.
User avatar
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Posts: 11398
Joined: 01 Apr 11, 17:04
Favourite Team: McLaren
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Austin GP

Post by LewEngBridewell »

andrew wrote:
LewEngBridewell wrote:
What's Burning? wrote:
darwin dali wrote:
What's Burning? wrote:Because it's in America which immediately moved it to the front of the line of greatest venues to go watch a GP. :hehe:

Beats being mugged in São Paulo.

Or KILLED in Bahrain.


Or ambushed by a savage marmot in Montreal

Image


Or catching hypothermia at Silverstone.


Or getting lost and dehydrating in the desert at Bahrain.
Image
Race wins: 181 Drivers' titles: 12 Constructors' titles: 8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing