FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Stephen
Yeah, Wurz also ducked down as well as taking his hands off the wheel. TBH, had DC gone over the top of him, its 50/50 as to whether he'd be killed. Wurz isnt the shortest guy in F1 by any stretch.
By deMuRe
I was poo'ing myself when I saw the replay, that chassis would have sliced through Wurz's helmet I'm sure...
By deMuRe
It was very touch and go, DC did come from a long way back and the move was very hopeful... It's almost as if Wurz had pissed DC off in some way and DC wanted to end both races...
By madbrad
DC said he was going too fast, as if to say he didn't mean to overtake. It's open cockpit racing, so the drivers are aware their heads are vulnerable to whatever may come that way. The most likely object would be a car. I'm not saying that's an excuse to throw your car at someone's head though. People bump; it was a freak chance they got into the relative positions they did after bumping. Wurz could hava avoided it. If he were watching the mirrors he would have known DC was coming and not turned in. Yes he had every right to close the door, but I wouldn't close the door if it meant we'd be taken out. Or if he were more aware he could have closed the door sooner. I remember a champ car vid where on guy had spun and come to rest facing the wrong way, and another car drove straight up on top of him and came to rest perfectly stacked on top!
By Irv the Swerve
Wurz could hava avoided it. If he were watching the mirrors he would have known DC was coming and not turned in.

He would have if DC was right on his tail but DC thought he could barge his way through and what happens happens. Those mirrors are useless, MB said there is no point looking at them you can hardly see anything. Maybe a small % but not enough.
By darwin dali
DC must goooooo!!!
By madbrad
True I left that out, most of the time you won't see the guy in the mirror. I think it was more of a problem with it not being a convenient time too look in a mirror than the mirrors not showing DC. He probably did look a second earlier and did see DC, just didn't think he's be stupid enough to try that.
By R00DIT
Found a video to survey more into this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeOOmTlYdvc

Should DC be penalized for this move. Dangerous Driving??

that's not the international feed used in that vid? dont tell me itv dont use the best feed now?!
By 7UpJordan
It looked scary from Wurz's onboard camera. It was a ridiculous move by Coulthard he wasn't even alongside Wurz's Williams.
By darwin dali
That's what happens when you put an egg-sized, oval-shaped brain in a huge cube. It just rattles and tumbles around and feels lost. And once in a while, it knocks itself out with all this bumping around - hence the term 'brain fade' :)
By Jens
Found a video to survey more into this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeOOmTlYdvc

Should DC be penalized for this move. Dangerous Driving??

that's not the international feed used in that vid? dont tell me itv dont use the best feed now?!

What's different about it?

I was happy to note BTW, that F1 now broadcasts in 16:9
By bud
like i said dont want to risk dying DONT RACE

DC tried a move but this thing happens in open wheeling from karting to F1`wheels touch one car may get airborne!

See our F1 related articles too!