FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For all your expert predictions
By SennaVille
So, let's have an F1 Pool where you choose the positions of 10 drivers for the upcoming race. I will update every forumite's points total after each event and tally it all at the end of the season for the F1.net Forum's GP winner. Newcomers can join in anytime, although they will be at a disadvantage regarding points. The winning participant gets to personalize their forum name, a previously reserved only for members with 10k posts on the forum.

Do not cheat by changing drivers once GP has started. Therefore, NO EDITING POSTS during a race. Drivers MUST finish in your selected position for you to score points allocated to that position. Select your drivers after qualifying. Play Fair and have fun.

Eg. If you select Jenson Button to win, and he finishes 1st, you get 25 points, however, if Jenson does not win, you get 0 points because you were wrong about his position. The maximum points you can collect in a GP is 101 points (A Grandslam!!).

The cutoff time for posting your picks is the official start time as designated by the countdown clock at http://formula1.com , which is when the cars roll off for the (first) parade lap. If you want to change your picks before the cutoff, please make a new post.
I'm going to refrain and wait until *after* qualifying before making my choices. :D

EDIT: anyway, last week you just copied my picks and change one or two names...
I'm already thinking of what my customized forum name will be. :thumbup:

1- Hamilton
2- Button
3- Alonso
4- Webber
5- Rosberg
6- Vettel
7- Heidfeld
8- Kobayashi
9- Massa
10- Schumacher

Threw my crazy into the mix tomorrow... I think rain will stir the pot quite a bit.

Question as to the rules, if the GP is cut short by rain only half points are awarded, do we get half points in the game as well?
By vlad
1. Vettel
2. Hamilton
3. Webber
4. Alonso
5. Button
6. Petrov
7. Massa
8. Heidfeld
9. Kobayashi
10. Schumacher

Just a try! X)))
By smokin
1. Button
2. Hamilton
3. Vettel
4. Webber
5. Massa
6. Heidfeld
7. Rosberg
8. di Resta
9. Kobayashi
10. Alonso

Barring a Red Bull spearing I think McLaren have got this one. Had to toss a coin as to which McLaren, though. What's up with Ferrari?
By cap-dude
I was thinking with the pole-sitter losing out into the first corner 3 out of the last 4 races, that either Webber or Hamilton would take this one. But now it's been switched to the other side. I think if Vettel can get into turn 1 first, he'll control the race, come rain or sunshine.

1. Vettel
2. Hamilton
3. Button
4. Alonso
5. Heidfeld
6. Rosberg
7. Kobayashi
8. Perez
9. Petrov
10. Sutil
By SennaVille
Yikes! Almost forgot to post my picks, I'm rushing out the door so just going with grid positions. I may post drunken predictions later haha!

Hope your little un is alright, Wishy.
By smokin
1. Button
2. Hamilton
3. Vettel
4. Webber
5. Heidfeld
6. Rosberg
7. di Resta
8. Kobayashi
9. Alonso
10. Buemi

Looks like it's certain to be a wet race so Massa's off my list.
Current standings:

http://forumula1.teamwishbone.com/

I might be a bit late posting the results.. My youngest is in the hospital, and I might not be able to watch the race until the next day.

I'm sorry to hear about your kid, I at least hope it's for something kids do like break their arm playing soccer instead of it being something more serious. Hope he's out of there quick.
By smokin
Current standings:

http://forumula1.teamwishbone.com/

I might be a bit late posting the results.. My youngest is in the hospital, and I might not be able to watch the race until the next day.

I'm sorry to hear about your kid, I at least hope it's for something kids do like break their arm playing soccer instead of it being something more serious. Hope he's out of there quick.

Ditto. Get well soon, Wishy Jr.
By Wishbone
Thanks for the well wishes. She was diagnosed with pneumonia. She's responding well to treatment and might be able to leave sometime tomorrow.
:yikes: What happened to SennaVille? Not making it to the grid is going to prove very costly on her points lead!

See our F1 related articles too!