FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By rejecting the extra development Ferrari and Horner stifled competition

Yes
71%
No
29%
How can anyone even complain about Merc after the excesses of Ferrari in every shameful and dirty episode in F1s history

Just a couple of real eye openers into the true character of this stain of a team and its supporters (most decent folk, yet a few real creepos) Enzo Ferrari only wanted Italians, he only started employing foreign drivers because he felt nothing about them dying in his cars as he set them off against each other.

We know which teams sh!te cars/politicking management has killed more of its drivers than any other

Then signing another driver to replace Lauda whilst he was getting out of his hospital bed to be back in the seat. It was only when Lauda got a smart lawyer that Ferrari did the decent thing

Ferrari are a real work of art, the only organisation who set out with racsist motives to employ only Italians and somehow manage to sack the best engineer of his generation FOR BEING ITALIAN

Priceless stuff, I still get a real blast out of that one
Yes, Mercedes did everything right. Yes, the rules have been changed. Are the rules the same for everyone? Yes, they are. Do they stop other teams from catching up with Mercedes? Absolutely! Does that mean Mercedes should agree that the rules are stifling? No, they shouldn't. Would other teams do the same thing? Yes, they would. Mercedes is being justly lauded by their fans; but, if the shoe were on the other foot, any other team would be called a cheat, by those same fans. Sad; but, true.

Feel free to deny you ever used the word :rolleyes:

Don't get sucked in Ichabod! You've always shown more stability than the rock of Gibraltar.. don't. let. her!
Its only so much any observer can take of watching the same yardsticks spew their inanity. they dont even care what words they use or what they mean, it just about trying to dish something not nice at another member. The rest of us criticise teams and drivers, but the thickest lowest common denominator yardsticks feel like """hitting back""", but they are not awake enough to find anything real to criticise so they start spewing attacks on others using random words phrases,nothing to do with F1
Some doent even know how it works or watch any races, all they know is she must throw some sh!t followed by a smiley at Merc/Lewis supporters anytime they seem happy about something
Yes, Mercedes did everything right. Yes, the rules have been changed. Are the rules the same for everyone? Yes, they are. Do they stop other teams from catching up with Mercedes? Absolutely! Does that mean Mercedes should agree that the rules are stifling? No, they shouldn't. Would other teams do the same thing? Yes, they would. Mercedes is being justly lauded by their fans; but, if the shoe were on the other foot, any other team would be called a cheat, by those same fans. Sad; but, true.

I did NOT call Mercedes cheats. Re-read what I've written.
Ah, yes... the master's chamber!

Eagles Trivia:

Glenn Frey wrote:">
"They stab it with their steely knives, but they just can't kill the beast" was a little Post-It back to Steely Dan...

...We just wanted to allude to Steely Dan rather than mentioning them outright, so "Dan" got changed to "knives," which is still, you know, a penile metaphor. Stabbing, thrusting, etc.

Could you explain why the Mercedes fans would call another team a cheat if the other team were just purely kicking a$$ with a legal car?

Please, explain. Do you know Merc fans better than they know themselves? Have all the Mercedes fans on this forum let's say, called another team a cheat when they weren't cheating (or never asked by the FIA to stop using a controversial piece on their car)?
any other team would be called a cheat

For the record, I am not the one using the word!!

:yikes:
I asked you a simple question you cant even answer and instead you irritate more and more generally laid back members with your inanities

How is there no competition? There are 8 teams ready to race in 2 weeks, can you tell us whats wrong with the competition ?

Not all of us have such short memories Sagi :rolleyes:

Mercedes won't allow it. So, they "need" the buffer of not allowing other teams to catch up?
As far as I'm concerned, this is as close to cheating within the rules as you can get.
In the good old yardstick tradition, as espoused by Roth,overspanked,overdosed,boycott et al she will be back to deny typing the post and talk about twisting and misrepresenting her words before declaring she would not be regarded as an idiot if she didn't lie all the time

We are just waiting for the melons to complain about circular posts and bickering by those who don't appease liars

Not all of us have such short memories Sagi :rolleyes:

Mercedes won't allow it. So, they "need" the buffer of not allowing other teams to catch up?
As far as I'm concerned, this is as close to cheating within the rules as you can get.

Did I call them cheats? NO, I did not.
Did I say it was close to cheating within the rules? (oxymoron)
Yes, I did. It's a VERY fine line.
In the good old yardstick tradition, as espoused by Roth, overspanked, overdosed, boycott et al she will be back to deny typing the post and talk about twisting and misrepresenting her words before declaring she would not be regarded as an idiot if she didn't lie all the time

We are just waiting for the melons to complain about circular posts and bickering by those who don't appease liars

Review all the name-calling within the ONE post and then re-read the learned opinion from our "ex-moderator":
Subject: Current Issues with Forum behaviour?

Moderators can call out that person for breaking forum guidelines but it's not done because... Well I don't know why but there's probably a good, or not so good reason. It's clear there's little room to tread on with all the dog chit about.

Just to clarify.

Good reason, no one wants to be mean to the village idiot.

Bad reason, there are ulterior motives about.

It's our very own blue black or white gold dilemma. :blush:
Did I call them cheats? NO, I did not.
Did I say it was close to cheating within the rules? (oxymoron)
Yes, I did. It's a VERY fine line.

you denied using the word sagi. Yet you did. This is a lie. Why insult inchabods intelligence further? its embarrasing. You really think anyone will decide you didnt use the word cheat or introduce it into the conversation - as RC objected to - just because you said ""close to cheating""

I could say 'the pope is close to being a mass murderer' and then deny introducing the concept of murder because i said "close to" its embarrassing - more for us on your behalf than for you.

So its not against the rules to say the truth - you lied, I have provided proof above

In the good old yardstick tradition, as espoused by Roth, overspanked, overdosed, boycott et al she will be back to deny typing the post and talk about twisting and misrepresenting her words before declaring she would not be regarded as an idiot if she didn't lie all the time

Review all the name-calling within the ONE post and then re-read the learned opinion from our "ex-moderator":
Subject: Current Issues with Forum behaviour?

"overspanked, overdosed, boycott " "melons" - Can you ask the members who are insulted by these general concepts to step up and make themselves known. If I refer to a group of F1 fans as sheep, unless someone stands up and says 'I consider myself one of those sheep as defined by the behaviour you have identified, and I feel the term insults our collctive sensibilities' then I will feel free to xpress my right to freedom of speech within the rules covering the insulting of A fellow member.

See our F1 related articles too!