Nico Rosberg recorded the fastest time yesterday at the Circuit de Catalunya in a rain-hit penultimate day of testing.
The German was followed by a neat-looking Toro Rosso in the hands of Sebastian Buemi, underlining the potential the Italian team has, and Jenson Button, who despite having focused on race simulation for the majority of the day nevertheless pumped in some quick laps towards the end of the day.
Bringing up the rear were Timo Glock’s Virgin, Kamui Kobayashi’s Sauber and Jarno Trulli’s Lotus.
Times were as follows:
Pos Driver Team Time Gap Laps
1. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m20.686s 128
2. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso 1m21.413s + 0.727s 106
3. Jenson Button McLaren 1m21.450s + 0.764s 105
4. Rubens Barrichello Williams 1m21.975s + 1.289s 101
5. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m22.344s + 1.658s 115
6. Vitaly Petrov Renault 1m22.523s + 1.837s 68
7. Adrian Sutil Force India 1m22.606s + 1.920s 61
8. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1m23.123s + 2.437s 51
9. Jarno Trulli Lotus 1m25.059s + 4.373s 102
10. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber 1m26.216s + 5.530s 105
11. Timo Glock Virgin 1m26.305s + 5.619s 31